The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I'm trying to put into words our offense but I can't. Jordan was best player on the floor. Needs to come out in 2nd and play that way

Fulkerson has to make easy layups. 6-8pts left out there.
I didn’t think the last one was that easy, but yeah. He should be making these attempts. Still by far our most efficient player. I hope Stackhouse didn’t realize that big E dude was able to control him a little

0 for 6 from 3 and only 2 free throws the entire half tells me that they need to get the ball to the paint. Period. No questions asked

Reactions: Zues1
Might be the worst half of basketball I've ever seen.

I feel like we say this every game, but it continues to be true. This team is getting worse, not better.

I'm honestly shocked. I thought things might be a struggle once Lamonte went down, but good lord this team is extremely bad. And I'm not seeing much improvement from anyone either. Not entirely sure how next season plays out if we don't get more from some of our young guys. Springer, Walker, and Johnson can't be expected to do it all on their own.

I feel like we say this every game, but it continues to be true. This team is getting worse, not better.

I'm honestly shocked. I thought things might be a struggle once Lamonte went down, but good lord this team is extremely bad. And I'm not seeing much improvement from anyone either. Not entirely sure how next season plays out if we don't get more from some of our young guys. Springer, Walker, and Johnson can't be expected to do it all on their own.
I got blasted for saying this is the worst team in UT BB in a long time. However, at this point I’m not sure how anybody can argue with me

Maybe we should bring in Uros throw it down low let him shoot his baby hook. Better than the TOs we've seen. Did I just post that.

Eh, I think we’ve done a better job of driving this game, had a missed call on JJJ’s attempted dunk. Turnovers definitely aren’t getting better though. I still think this half looked better on offense than the South Carolina game.

Need a lot better ball movement don't hold it until they double team quick pass out of it gives you a shot at getting open. James gets in the paint and passes up a five footer. Long year for Tennessee not playing anywhere near what we were early in the season.

Pons has went back to the old Pons and Bowden looks like he has lost his shot for good. We can't even pass the ball around the perimeter without turning it over.
I think Bowden has actually played better tonight than the last two weeks. Being agressive

Reactions: Lankykong
Most of them are from our primary ball handler moving to the US less than a month ago, to be honest. I know Bowden has made a few, but that relates back to the former. Playing 5 freshman for significant minutes means you’re gonna have some TOs. Inexperienced players are playing major roles due to Barnes’ mistakes in roster management causing everything to rely on Turner
Agree with all this. I’d add that we’re more than halfway through the season and although I’ve seen JJJ improve, the team generally has not. Making same or worse mistakes in January as it did in November and December. Just no aspect of any part of this team that has progressed positively. Can’t shoot and even worse, can’t take care of the ball just to even give themselves a chance.

I got blasted for saying this is the worst team in UT BB in a long time. However, at this point I’m not sure how anybody can argue with me
Defense is half the game. If you said the worst UT offense in a long time I think you would have had a lot more agreement (I would have agreed too)

My biggest frustration is they keep doing the same crap, like the "drive in and pass out" crap. This game has already shown when they drive, they can score. I can't imagine Barnes hasn't stated this over and over but they keep doing it. I'm at a WTF point with that crap now.

And Pons is in his own head now with the shooting. He'll miss a 3 pointer (badly) then never take an open one again.

Pons has went back to the old Pons and Bowden looks like he has lost his shot for good. We can't even pass the ball around the perimeter without turning it over.
Swain actually said on Friday that the offense should be run through Pons. Lmao. Crazy.

You wonder if the 7'1" can dunk the ball seems against Vandy Plavsic and Fulkerson inside would be able to get some baskets guess not.

Also very frustrating that we were up 7 and had several chances to extend the lead and didn't score again.

We've also gotten unlucky on some Vandy misses; they were so bad that they went to another Vandy player even though we had position to rebound.

Agree with all this. I’d add that we’re more than halfway through the season and although I’ve seen JJJ improve, the team generally has not. Making same or worse mistakes in January as it did in November and December. Just no aspect of any part of this team that has progressed positively. Can’t shoot and even worse, can’t take care of the ball just to even give themselves a chance.
Yeah, I can see that. Similar to what you suggested, I don’t think anyone on the team has the talent of being a ballhandler. JJJ is closest but still needs more time

Reactions: KBVol

VN Store

Back