The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Ahhh yes 9 sacks and we still lost.
eyeroll-game-of-thrones.gif

Obviously you are not a true fan and didnt watch the game. They mentioned it during the broadcast about the playoff game.
I watched the first half because like I said...its preseason. Don't care to see how the 3rd and 4th string play. Winning or losing a preseason game has absolutely no bearing or meaning to anything.

I watched the first half because like I said...its preseason. Don't care to see how the 3rd and 4th string play. Winning or losing a preseason game has absolutely no bearing or meaning to anything.

I watched a while because we broke out the white over light blue pants for the first time in a good while.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
So I've been thinking about how this current run from 2016 until now is starting to rival the first few years in Nashville. Take the last six years.

2016 9-7
2017 9-7 playoff win
2018 9-7
2019 9-7 AFC championship game
2020 11-5 AFC south Champs
2021 12-5 AFC south Champs No.1 seed

Against

1999 13-3 Super Bowl runner up
2000 13-3 AFC Central Champs
2001 7-9
2002 AFC south Champs AFC championship game
2003 12-4 playoff win
2004 5-11

The highs we've had the past six years aren't as good as the first six years, but maybe more successful in a way?

I guess I'm also typing this out to appreciate how much better we have been lately and I don't think fans have appreciated it enough because we feel kinda hopeless with Ryan Tannehill. It's nice to expect to contend for super bowls now and have some pride in being a Titans fan because it was painfully mediocre for so long.

Can't wait to watch us win games again this year and yet again contend in the AFC. Please God be with Tannehill...

So I've been thinking about how this current run from 2016 until now is starting to rival the first few years in Nashville. Take the last six years.

2016 9-7
2017 9-7 playoff win
2018 9-7

Against

2001 7-9
2003 12-4 playoff win
2004 5-11

The highs we've had the past six years aren't as good as the first six years, but maybe more successful in a way?

I guess I'm also typing this out to appreciate how much better we have been lately and I don't think fans have appreciated it enough because we feel kinda hopeless with Ryan Tannehill. It's nice to expect to contend for super bowls now and have some pride in being a Titans fan because it was painfully mediocre for so long.

Can't wait to watch us win games again this year and yet again contend in the AFC. Please God be with Tannehill...

It’s been a good run. But our lack of success in home playoff games has been infuriating. It still blows my mind that we are 0-3 in home playoff games as a #1 seed.

Reactions: CJBlaze

2016 9-7
2017 9-7 playoff win
2018 9-7

Against

2001 7-9
2003 12-4 playoff win
2004 5-11

Just proves we got a great HC in Vrabel and a decent GM in J-Rob. I am going to be interested in how Vrabel looks when we eventually move on from the RT/King Henry era and if he is a good enough coach to keep it going.

Also how do we all feel about cutting Woodside and rolling with Willis as back up to RT? If Ryan goes down our season is done anyways. Woodside doesn't have any upside, at least with Willis there is potential there.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Looking at this roster, there are some underrated roster moves I like (still a lot I don't like).

Da'Shawn Hand and Demarcus Walker are both guys on the d-line who have played at a high level previously in their careers and were high draft picks. Both are under 28. If one of them works out, could be our long term replacement for Autry (although I hope he's able to continuing playing at the high level he did last season for years to come, one of my favorites).

Jamarco Jones and Nicolas Petit-Frere give us options and depth on the o-line. This year will be either boom or bust.

Our potential best case scenario could be great (Burks plays up to his potential, Woods is healthy, Farley is healthy, Radunz is ready to step in). But it could all go really bad too (Farley, Woods, and Lewan aren't healthy, Burks' lack of speed shows, Radunz is a miss, age catches Autry and Ben Jones, etc)

Reactions: tvolsfan

VN Store

Back