The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

I'll flat out say it. This is the make or break superbowl year. Simple as that

With this move, that seems to be the mentality of the Titans brass as well, and I give them credit for going after it during the small window of both Henry and Tannehill's prime. JRob and company definitely know what they have. Julio makes this offense potentially unstoppable if it can stay moderately healthy, and an unstoppable O (that can eat clock with Henry) may well be what it takes to unseat KC in the AFC.

I just hope Todd Downing can keep rolling what Arthur Smith started.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Don't think our defense will be good enough to even win the division again.

I’m taking a wait and see approach to the defense. It sucked last year, but it definitely won’t be the same unit. Lots of new faces. There’s no denying guys like Dupree and Autry will have an impact. Then there’s still the core of guys like Simmons, Evans, Brown, and Byard. I don’t think talent or even depth will be a big issue. It’s gonna come down to whether Bowen, Vrabel, and Schwartz can whip it into shape.

Reactions: NashVol11
I’m taking a wait and see approach to the defense. It sucked last year, but it definitely won’t be the same unit. Lots of new faces. There’s no denying guys like Dupree and Autry will have an impact. Then there’s still the core of guys like Simmons, Evans, Brown, and Byard. I don’t think talent or even depth will be a big issue. It’s gonna come down to whether Bowen, Vrabel, and Schwartz can whip it into shape.
The Joes don't matter as long as Mehrable is calling plays

Reactions: Vols4us
Yeah defense changes drastically year to year, I’m definitely not just assuming we’ll have last year’s defense again. It almost never works like that

The Joes don't matter as long as Mehrable is calling plays

It's meh enough with his game day decisions at times and adding his D play calling it is even worse. He needs to get better at the HC thing and hand over the reins on D.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Bowen actually call the plays last year? IIRC the only thing that’s changed is he now has the official title of DC.

He didn't have final say. He admitted that in an interview a few weeks ago. It was Vrabs calling the shots.

Yep - just because you have the title it does not always mean you call the plays. The scheme was Vrabel's along with the D game plan and play calls. Enough with that noise. Give input, but let your coaches do their jobs and you be the HC.

Reactions: tvolsfan

VN Store

Back