The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Been listening to some of the Matthew Stafford trade talk. I had no idea that Stafford and Tannehill are the same age. Crazy considering they were drafted 3 years apart.

Titans wondering why everybody is choosing to go to other orgs. Here's a clue J-Rob, its because of your HC.

No OC, no DC. Nothing to see here, amirite?

Titans wondering why everybody is choosing to go to other orgs. Here's a clue J-Rob, its because of your HC.

No OC, no DC. Nothing to see here, amirite?
I saw one Titans site on Twitter laugh when someone suggested that Vrabel's personality was a reason for Titans not being able to get a deal with someone done.

Reactions: Vols4us
Looks like we’ve promoted current TE’s coach Todd Downing to OC

And Shane Bowen for DC. I can somewhat get the OC decision for continuity reasons (although you still gotta at least take a look at Anthony Lynn or Doug Pederson IMO, either of them makes 90% of teams better), but wtf on Shane Bowen? Dude called plays for the defense this year, and idk why you’d want anything about this year’s defense to linger around.

If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat it, but this is the first time during the Robinson/Vrabel regime that I’m sensing ego is overriding logic and reason. There were some really good coaches available this year.

Last edited:
The defense sucked and we still won 11 games. They better make some moves player wise on defense. Pass rush and linebackers should be the focus IMO. Think that was more of the issue than who was calling the plays.

And Shane Bowen for DC. I can somewhat get the OC decision for continuity reasons (although you still gotta at least take a look at Anthony Lynn or Doug Pederson IMO, either of them makes 90% of teams better), but wtf on Shane Bowen? Dude called plays for the defense this year, and idk why you’d want anything about this year’s defense to linger around.

If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat it, but this is the first time during the Robinson/Vrabel regime that I’m sensing ego is overriding logic and reason. There were some really good coaches available this year.
Yea, I don’t understand Bowen’s promotion either. It doesn’t feel like anything’s going to change, and if nothing else Vrabel could’ve at least promoted him this past season if he felt Bowen deserved it.

J-Rob and Vrabel are doing it the BB/Pats way without having their sustained level of success.

It's a bold move, Cotton. Smells like a wannabe move to me. Hope it turns out well. But it rarely does when you imitate without all of the ingredients.

I saw one Titans site on Twitter laugh when someone suggested that Vrabel's personality was a reason for Titans not being able to get a deal with someone done.

Which is another example of the problem. They should be re-examining every aspect of what they are doing as the window is beginning to close already. That starts with J-Rob and Vrabel asking themselves how they can improve in their own jobs to help the org. Time for Vrabel to stop shooting himself, and as a result the org, in the foot.

Good opponents figured them out and there is no guarantee they will have a pre-injury Lewan back, an aging Saffold being productive, many FA's to sign or replace, cap space issues, a horrible pass rush to fix, etc. Now they cannot attract good outside coordinators, which are necessary to attract quality FA's to a winner and inject some new energy.

Hope it is not the beginning of the end, but it sure is feeling like it.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
J-Rob and Vrabel are doing it the BB/Pats way without having their sustained level of success.

It's a bold move, Cotton. Smells like a wannabe move to me. Hope it turns out well. But it rarely does when you imitate without all of the ingredients.

I know. Sick and tired of the “Patriot Way” and its growing list of cheap emulators. Reminds me of Nick Saban’s parade of failed disciples.

I know. Sick and tired of the “Patriot Way” and its growing list of cheap emulators. Reminds me of Nick Saban’s parade of failed disciples.

I agree. 8-8 or worse here we come IMO. Three key hires of assistants yesterday were just promotions from within - not counting the coordinators being promoted within. One outside assistant coach hire at OLB coach was a Vandy coach. Good grief. Must live in the same neighborhood as somebody in the Titans org. "Hey, wanna come work for us?" lol.

Meanwhile Ogre at LSU is hiring proven NFL assistant coaches for his staff in CFB. smh...

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate. Of all of Bill's people (I know he didn't coach with him but still) Vrabel and J-Rob has had the most success so far. 3 straight winning seasons, back to back playoff appearances (could have been 3 had we won week 17 in 2018), and now has added a division title. No one is ever going to recreate the Pats run but for a small market team like ours we're doing fine.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
2 straight playoff appearances.
An AFC Championship game appearance.
An AFC South Division Championship.

Yep, the Patriot way sucks

2 straight playoff appearances.
An AFC Championship game appearance.
An AFC South Division Championship.

Yep, the Patriot way sucks

One of the worst defenses in the league and an historically bad 3rd down defense is not something you just shrug off.

This team was deeply, systemically flawed.

Reactions: Vols4us

VN Store

Back