The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Damnit, we needed a kicker badly. I don't get the last pick at all when a position of need was there in Blankenship. Really don't get it, I didn't like the first pick at all. A luxury pick when we had immediate needs. I think he will develop into a starter eventually but be won't be an immediate starter.

I really like the running back pick, he'll help us on special teams and give us an option when Henry needs a blow.
OT was a priority you don't want to go into the season hoping to rely on Dennis Kelly as your starting OT all season long.

Reactions: Vols4us and TJVol95
OT was a priority you don't want to go into the season hoping to rely on Dennis Kelly as your starting OT all season long.
We had bigger needs at CB and DE. Kelly is serviceable but not a quality starting tackle. We had nothing at nickel and DE is a bigger need with no Clowney. We really needed two quality CB and only got one, there were other positions we failed to bolster as well.

I realize e have up a lot of sacks last year and while I agree the OT position needed to be addressed I felt Kelly was a decent stop gap. A lot of those sacks we gave up were coverage sacks, we need to either be a lot more creative on third or we need to get better in the passing game, something we did not do a good job of in this draft, we got a RB with some skill catching the ball but we need more to take the next step, hell we got lucky and hot at the right time, felt like it was lightening in a bottle. I'm afraid we take a step back next year in regular season wins but I hope I'm wrong, we really needed to get better on defense and I'm not sure I can say that as the team stands right now. If Clowney some that could change.

We had bigger needs at CB and DE. Kelly is serviceable but not a quality starting tackle. We had nothing at nickel and DE is a bigger need with no Clowney. We really needed two quality CB and only got one, there were other positions we failed to bolster as well.

I realize e have up a lot of sacks last year and while I agree the OT position needed to be addressed I felt Kelly was a decent stop gap. A lot of those sacks we gave up were coverage sacks, we need to either be a lot more creative on third or we need to get better in the passing game, something we did not do a good job of in this draft, we got a RB with some skill catching the ball but we need more to take the next step, hell we got lucky and hot at the right time, felt like it was lightening in a bottle. I'm afraid we take a step back next year in regular season wins but I hope I'm wrong, we really needed to get better on defense and I'm not sure I can say that as the team stands right now. If Clowney some that could change.

The Marshall DB we drafted played a lot at corner.

PFR saying Clowney/Jets are talking. They are speculating he may have to go with a one year prove it deal like Beasley to get teams interested in him again. Past injury concerns reducing demand for his services.

VN Store

Back