The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

I think this Tannehill deal is better than what a 2-3 year TB12 deal would look like.

But I think it's too much for Tannehill. Say what you want about highly paid RBs, but it seemed like Henry carried the offense this year. I don't think it's a horrible deal, but a little costly. Is Tannehill worth more than Henry? For the next 2-3 years?

Well ESPN gave the deal a C-

Tannehill continued to take a gaudy sack rate for the Titans last season, going down 9.8% of the time, which doesn't help his chances of staying healthy. He posted the league's best QBR when unpressured but dropped all the way to 30th in QBR when defenses got pressure.

In 2019, he led all passers in yards per attempt by a full yard and posted the eighth-best era-adjusted yards per attempt since the merger. He posted the best passer rating of any quarterback on play-action in the past 10 years, with a nearly perfect mark of 147.3.

Regardless what happens with Henry. Titans should try and trade up and get the Wisconsin RB in the first round.

I know they need a corner opposite Adoree and a pass rusher but hopefully they can grab some one in FA in the next week or so.

Dobbins. Swift. Taylor all 3 would be good heirs to the throne

I really like Henry as a player and as a person. But he has limitations, especially as a pass catcher. That limits your offensive scheme. So I agree - draft a mobile, hard runner who can catch the ball out of the backfield and ride the tag for a season. They can get a really good one in the second round. I go CB in the first and say goodbye to Logan Ryan. He's not worth the money IMO.

If Henry is willing to do a hometown discount for a longer term deal, get it done. Otherwise, be ready to roll the next guy out there after next season after being the back-up.

I really like Henry as a player and as a person. But he has limitations, especially as a pass catcher. That limits your offensive scheme. So I agree - draft a mobile, hard runner who can catch the ball out of the backfield and ride the tag for a season. They can get a really good one in the second round. I go CB in the first and say goodbye to Logan Ryan. He's not worth the money IMO.

If Henry is willing to do a hometown discount for a longer term deal, get it done. Otherwise, be ready to roll the next guy out there after next season after being the back-up.
ive wanted another corner, would like to see Malcolm go inside, Draft a running back in the second, and imo if you can grab Hurts in the 3rd

Reactions: Vols4us

VN Store

Back