The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Both Robinson and Vrabel have both hinted that Tannehill might not be back at the combine. It sure seems we're gearing up for Brady. I just hope we're not going to get screwed here. My worst nightmare is letting RT walk and Brady at the last minute decides to remain with New England.

Both Robinson and Vrabel have both hinted that Tannehill might not be back at the combine. It sure seems we're gearing up for Brady. I just hope we're not going to get screwed here. My worst nightmare is letting RT walk and Brady at the last minute decides to remain with New England.
Get Brady, draft Hurts

Honestly, if they do go for Brady (which I think is a bad idea), they have to draft a QB. Given their draft position and Mariota likely walking, we may be with old man Brady and no legit backup.
Even with Tannehill a QB needs to be drafted

Agreed. I guess I was thinking more about where in the draft do you pull the trigger, though. Earlier with Brady at the helm, IMO.
Tannehill had 12 good games, he may regress back to his means. A QB earlyish (2-4) is a requirement either way IMO

Get Brady, draft Hurts
giphy.gif

I’m sorry, but I’m taking Tannehill and a cup of warm lemonade 8 days a week over a 43 y/o Tom Brady + Jalen Hurts.

I don’t think people are appreciating just how good Tannehill actually was last year. Yes, he will probably regress some (dude literally just had one of the most efficient passing seasons ever recorded), but I doubt it will be to the dramatic effect people seem to think.

Gonna be Brady and drafting a QB.
Agreed a lot of buzz at the combine today that it’s increasingly unlikely Brady returns to NE. Have to think the Titans would be the likely destination, if so curious how early we take a QB in the draft.

I’m sorry, but I’m taking Tannehill and a cup of warm lemonade 8 days a week over a 43 y/o Tom Brady + Jalen Hurts.

I don’t think people are appreciating just how good Tannehill actually was last year. Yes, he will probably regress some (dude literally just had one of the most efficient passing seasons ever recorded), but I doubt it will be to the dramatic effect people seem to think.
There’s 88 games that shows that’s an outlier “season” (which wasn’t even a full season).
Even with Tannehill, I believe the Titans will take a QB in the first half of the draft

Curran: Both sides will make an effort

They don't expect the Raiders to aggressively pursue Brady. If that's the case it will be down to us and the Pats if he leaves. The Raiders never really made much sense to me either, he'd have to play the Chiefs twice a year in that division. If he leaves the only logical team would be us.

- Warmer weather location
- GM is an ex-Pat
- Reunite with his buddy Vrabel
- Team has some ex-Pats already on the roster
- Goes to a team with a strong running game that won't force him to throw 613 times going into his age 43 season
- Goes to a team that seems to have good young receiving corp (AJ Brown/Smith)
- Goes to a team that seems to be on an upswing
- Goes to a division that is kinda weak as well

The only drawback is that we have a weak pass blocking offensive line and going to lose our starting RT. On the bright side we have money to spend (11th in most cap space). After getting Henry signed back we got to look at what RTs are available in free agency and than invest any remaining money/draft picks into the defense.

There’s 88 games that shows that’s an outlier “season” (which wasn’t even a full season).
Even with Tannehill, I believe the Titans will take a QB in the first half of the draft

Even in those “88 games” he was never a bad QB. Seriously, go back and look at his career numbers. Statistically the dude has pretty much always been decent.

This “advanced metric” nonsense has people warped over what constitutes good QB play.

His career in Miami was lackluster because Miami has been a f***ing dumpster fire for 2 decades.

VN Store

Back