The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

I’m not sure I’d want to take on Carr’s contract (whatever is left of it), but I do think he’s better than Tannehill. Also 3 years younger.

Have a pretty strong hunch the Titans are going to get a quality all around TE from the draft or FA. A TE that can block as well run routes and catch balls. Big need. SF, KC, NE and Baltimore all showed with theirs how it should work. Smith is a Joker type and will never be a good blocking, 3 down type of TE.

If from the draft I would go for Kmet of ND, Okwuegbunam from Mizzou, Pinkney from Vandy, or Parkinson from Stanford. They have proven they can do those things and should be available from rounds 2-4. That leaves the first pick available.

Now that we’re a few weeks removed from the season and emotions have calmed a bit, I’m a bit more open to the idea of letting Henry walk.

It would obviously still suck to see him go initially, but if we could save that money and invest it into further beefing up an already-talented defense? It might actually be one of the more sensible things we could do.

Honestly, we’re probably just a piece or two away from fielding a truly elite defense, and I think an elite defense + a decent QB in Ryan Tannehill still gives you a pretty good shot at this division, and possibly a pretty decent standing in a drastically changing AFC.

Just looking at this year’s super bowl participants is what got me to thinking: we sure as hell don’t have a Patrick Mahomes waiting in the wings, but I think we could definitely emulate what the 49ers were able to do with a few good moves. Just some offseason food for thought.

Now that we’re a few weeks removed from the season and emotions have calmed a bit, I’m a bit more open to the idea of letting Henry walk.

It would obviously still suck to see him go initially, but if we could save that money and invest it into further beefing up an already-talented defense? It might actually be one of the more sensible things we could do.

Honestly, we’re probably just a piece or two away from fielding a truly elite defense, and I think an elite defense + a decent QB in Ryan Tannehill still gives you a pretty good shot at this division, and possibly a pretty decent standing in a drastically changing AFC.

Just looking at this year’s super bowl participants is what got me to thinking: we sure as hell don’t have a Patrick Mahomes waiting in the wings, but I think we could definitely emulate what the 49ers were able to do with a few good moves. Just some offseason food for thought.
NeedyQuaintGrayling-max-1mb.gif

If Henry isn't back.......Austin Ekeler would be a nice piece. Great receiver out of the backfield and has good vision.

Draft wise.....Ke'Shawn Vaughn or find a way to get Zach Moss from Utah.

Still hoping Henry stays here!

Reactions: OG.V83
If Henry isn't back.......Austin Ekeler would be a nice piece. Great receiver out of the backfield and has good vision.

Draft wise.....Ke'Shawn Vaughn or find a way to get Zach Moss from Utah.

Still hoping Henry stays here!
Zack Moss would be my first choice if we were to draft a running back for any reason.

Reactions: peaygolf
Do you pay Brady $30M for a year or what is projected to be around $27M for a year under the Franchise Tag to Tannehill?

Draft a QB to learn under him or see how the QB chips fall in the draft next year?

Do you pay Brady $30M for a year or what is projected to be around $27M for a year under the Franchise Tag to Tannehill?

Draft a QB to learn under him or see how the QB chips fall in the draft next year?
Makes me happy I'm NOT a General Manager.

If ya sign Brady, you have to keep Conklin, and lose Logan Ryan. Keep Tanny, you can re-sign Ryan, and let Conklin go.Then: If Brady does what we hope he does (win big and another playoff run) you're drafting late in the 1st round, and risk not having a QB you like to draft. Trading draft capital to move up in '21 draft can kill ya, if that QB doesn't work out.

I'm getting a headache thinking about it............

VN Store

Back