The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Thanks to my lovely wife I missed the hole second half..... arguably the most exciting half of Titan football in franchise history.... yay

Reactions: MAD
Okay so is it time to starting discussing keeping Tannehill?

1. 3-1 as the starter
2. 3 game winning drives as a starter
3. Durable (4 straight seasons of starting 16 games, 1 season w/13 starts and another with 11)
4, He is no Marcus Mariota but he has some mobility that allows us to run some of the same schemes we were doing with MM.
5. We're not going to be in a position to draft one of the superstar QBs this draft and I'm not sure we'd want anyone in the FA market.

1. 3-1 as the starter
3. Durable (4 straight seasons of starting 16 games, 1 season w/13 starts and another with 11)
4, He is no Marcus Mariota but he has some mobility that allows us to run some of the same schemes we were doing with MM.
5. We're not going to be in a position to draft one of the superstar QBs this draft and I'm not sure we'd want anyone in the FA market.

Good list, bud. I'm thinking the team has its QB long term in Ryan. Now that he has the Dolphin stench off of him he can be himself. He's a Titan type QB. Tough, can take a hit, mobile, good accuracy. Exactly what you want for a balanced O that the Titans like to use. He will do even better when they have a real O-line. There is too much hit and miss with drafting QB's. When you get a good one, give him weapons and protect him. The skill weapons are there, now give him the line.

So, the draft picks clearly have to focus on O-line and maybe TE to go with D. RT and Henry need contracts that keep them there long term.

1. 3-1 as the starter

I think it's almost a given he will be back. In my opinion it's just a matter of whether it's a short or long term deal.

And let it be known I am not a huge fan of Tannehill, but he's better than anything we'll get in FA or outside the top 5 of the draft. And he's more than good enough to win with as long as we keep the defense intact, but unless the Titans get a real OC it won't make the slightest bit of difference. Today was awesome, but I'm still fully expecting us to scheme ourselves down to 7-9 or 8-8.

VN Store

Back