The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

This was our year to make a run. Arthur will probably get a HC job (he had a bad day today but has been great for the last 2 years). Davis, Jonnu, Daquan, King are all FA’s and with the salary cap projected to be lower next year we have a projected $6mil in space. That means though decisions to be made with guys like Butler, Saffold, Vaccaro, and Humphries. Also have a very though schedule next year, not great.
I think we have to waive Butler and take on that dead cap. I am pretty sure his contract terms allow us a more favorable out now.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
We need to, he isn't worth a big contract
I don’t think he’ll get a big contract anywhere, especially next year with the cap reduction.

Would like to see us sign him for a reasonable deal. Let Jonnu walk since we don’t use him enough anyway. Address DE in the draft.

We ran what we normally run. The way this team plays if we can’t get it done up front, we’re going to lose 9/10 times.
I will say it was a bit predictable on first Down . Although I’d like to see the run/pass percentage n first down for the season. Especially in games that were close/we were winning.

I don’t think he’ll get a big contract anywhere, especially next year with the cap reduction.

Would like to see us sign him for a reasonable deal. Let Jonnu walk since we don’t use him enough anyway. Address DE in the draft.
I'll try to find it, but I saw a projection for him at 9.9, I don't think hes worth that. Jonnu needs to be resigned. I would rather address DE in free agency there are several decent options. Attack CB and WR in the draft. And then figure out RT, it needs to be better.

Titans Top off-season decisions.

1.) Hire Defensive Coordinator
2.) Likely hire New OC
3.) Revamp Offensive line (got destroyed today. )
4.) Pass Rusher
5.) WR opposite AJ Brown
6.) Defensive backfield
7.) Backup QB
8.) Linebackers

Tight end also if Smith isn’t re-signed.

Titans Top off-season decisions.

1.) Hire Defensive Coordinator
2.) Likely hire New OC
3.) Revamp Offensive line (got destroyed today. )
4.) Pass Rusher
5.) WR opposite AJ Brown
6.) Defensive backfield
7.) Backup QB
8.) Linebackers
We're missing how many of our OTs due to injury? I agree we need a new OG (or 2). LBs imo need to be 3rd behind hiring a DC and drafting a Pass Rusher (in that order).

Also, I’m a bit surprised the players union agreed to the cap reduction for 2021. I’m seeing an 11% reduction from 2020. I find it hard to believe owners lost that much based on lack of attendance attendance in 2020.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Arthur Smith was awful today.
Agree....He was bound and determined to run Henry between the tackles against 8 in the box all game.....Doing it time and time again on 1st downs and putting the offense in 2nd and 3rd and long. I thought after mid way through the 2nd quarter Smith would have figured that out....But nope.

Reactions: TJVol95
Honestly I’m not that upset. I didn’t expect to make a run with this defense. I’m just really disappointed in the offense. That was pitiful.
I said 3 weeks ago the Titan's weren't going far in the playoffs with that defense....Today the defense wasn't horrible holding Baltimore to 20...but still gave up 7-13 on 3rd down...Titans offense was horrible however.

Reactions: TJVol95
Tight end also if Smith isn’t re-signed.

I wouldn't. Assuming Swaim, Firskser, and Pruitt can all be brought back. I thought they all performed well this season. I'd go defense the first 4-5 picks this draft. Need help at all levels of the D.

Also, sign a PK. I doubt Gostkowski will be back.

I said 3 weeks ago the Titan's weren't going far in the playoffs with that defense....Today the defense wasn't horrible holding Baltimore to 20...but still gave up 7-13 on 3rd down...Titans offense was horrible however.

They also gave Baltimore possession of almost 20 minutes of the 30 minute long second half.

How effective was Baltimore’s offense at bleeding the clock today? The Titans only saw 4 total possessions on offense over the entire 2nd half. The game didn’t even make it 3 hours (it clocked in right under 2 hours and 50 minutes).

I’ve gone back and forth on this but I’m starting to believe Frisker can replace Smith’s production and is a more sure handed receiver.

Same here. I see no reason for Smith as a joker TE when they have big, strong receivers on the outside that can play the slot on occasion. Firkser has a knack of finding the holes in the zone. Use the money on other positions of need.

Reactions: Blake25p
They also gave Baltimore possession of almost 20 minutes of the 30 minute long second half.

How effective was Baltimore’s offense at bleeding the clock today? The Titans only saw 4 total possessions on offense over the entire 2nd half. The game didn’t even make it 3 hours (it clocked in right under 2 hours and 50 minutes).

All of it was a function of controlling the LOS. Ravens went more run game the last half of the season. Titans O-line situation caught up with them so they could not control the clock with Henry. The D is the D as long as Vrabel is DC. They simply don't do 3 and outs. Get a real DC, get edge rushing help, find good cover corners.

Called the loss, but like others, thought it would be with bad D and good O. The trends the last 5 games of the season were all in the Ravens favor. But it was obvious that they are not an overall better team than the Titans. Injuries and Vrabel's decision making caught up with them. Need to fix it.

Pass on Davis unless he comes cheap.

Sure thing Ravens, lol. Didn't realize they refused to shake hands - found their inner Detroit Pistons, I guess.

The Baltimore Ravens insist their celebration on the Tennessee Titans' logo after Marcus Peters' game-sealing interception wasn't planned.

In the final two minutes of the Ravens' 20-13 wild-card victory Sunday, 15 Ravens defenders followed Peters and stormed midfield, where many stomped on the logo. This outburst came two months after the Titans' players huddled on the Ravens' logo before the teams' last matchup, which led to a confrontation between Ravens coach John Harbaugh and Titans players.

"This is an emotional football game. Sometimes you act out of emotion," Ravens defensive end Derek Wolfe said. "I felt like it was a good time to go ahead and do that -- so we did it. It wasn't a disrespect thing. It was a team unity thing like we accomplished something as a team, so we're going to go out there and take a little bit of revenge. I don't think it's a big deal."

Ravens' logo stomps about 'unity' not disrespect

VN Store

Back