The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Yeah, maybe not. I could see someone doing it for a 3rd, maybe.
yeah, possibly. just seems like there are 4 positions where the Titans need a contributor. not necessarily a starter, but someone who can play downs this year. with no picks in rounds 4 or 6, giving up the 3 seems huge. I feel like this team was ready for a ground-up rebuild but they kind of stumbled into the playoffs, had a nice run, and now they're trying desperately to keep a window open when they don't have the draft picks or the history of spending on free agents to do it. maybe they'll catch a break tonight?

lol. I just realized that i'm thinking titans would have to give a three. yeah. not sure you could get better than Davis with a 3 but you could probably get at least as good for a lot less than $4 million. take the trade.

We'll see. My opinion is that the Titans should have taken advantage of all the expiring contracts this year and become instant front runners in the Tank For Trevor sweepstakes. Water under the bridge.
Titans were 1 win from the Super Bowl. That is an idiotic mentality to have. Intentionally losing is a loser mentality. I don’t have that in me.

I'd rather keep Davis for a 3rd. He still has potential just needs to put it together. Honestly we need to go edge in the second (hoping for DT) and corner in the 3rd
Yeah, just don’t think there’s any way they’re picking up Davis’ 5th year option and letting him walk for nothing (like they did with Conklin) would be silly.

Another thing is the Titans have about $20M in cap space and appear to be the leaders to sign Clowney. They’re not going to be able to do that and sign all their draft picks. Something will have to be cleared out unless Clowney is signing for well below market value.

Another thing is the Titans have about $20M in cap space and appear to be the leaders to sign Clowney. They’re not going to be able to do that and sign all their draft picks. Something will have to be cleared out unless Clowney is signing for well below market value.
I'm going to be honest. I don't think we get Clowney

Reactions: Vols4us
Titans were 1 win from the Super Bowl. That is an idiotic mentality to have. Intentionally losing is a loser mentality. I don’t have that in me.
Like I posted, I think that was a fluke. The stars lined up. Expecting it to happen again with this roster is extremely over optimistic.

Like I posted, I think that was a fluke. The stars lined up. Expecting it to happen again with this roster is extremely over optimistic.
I don't want to call it a fluke but I'm in the same boat. We went 9-7 in the reg season for a reason. We are on of the slowest teams in the NFL. Also I'm not saying we need to go all out spread, but this battering ram style O is not the answer in Today's NFL. We've got to find a way to be able to open up and not play in a box all game

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I don't want to call it a fluke but I'm in the same boat. We went 9-7 in the reg season for a reason. We are on of the slowest teams in the NFL. Also I'm not saying we need to go all out spread, but this battering ram style O is not the answer in Today's NFL. We've got to find a way to be able to open up and not play in a box all game

I'm not so sure that playing a contrarian style didn't help them considerably in the playoffs. It actually may be genius given the entire league/division would be built towards defending more "open" offenses.

Or it could be an unsustainable disaster, lol.

More AJ and Smith. They are outside down field playmakers.

People forget who the QB was (MM), the W/L during his period (2-4), and the anemic performance of the offense that was missing Lewan in the first 4 games (suspension) - to go with D-Walker being a zero.

It all changed when Lewan came back, MM was benched, Tannehill executed the O scheme brilliantly, and the O-line started bullying and stopped finessing defenses by pounding Henry. That gave Brown the opportunity to shine in the play action passing game.

How many opposing D's enjoyed slugging it out with the Titans in the last half of the season? KC got the better of them in the AFCCG because the D collapsed starting in the last of the second quarter. If the D had held up their end, the O could have stayed in the ball control/play action game and pounded KC's D into submission. The D was tired from playing 3 straight playoff games on the road and lacked quality talent in a couple of spots. They simply ran out of steam against the best O in the NFL of the SB champs.

Had Lewan and Tannehill started Game One, the record would probably have been at worst 11-5 and as good as 12-4. A first round game at home. That should tell everybody this team is solid and only needs help in a few spots to compete at a high level again subject to injuries.

I hope they are using the available cap space to sign Henry long term. Beasley had much better production than Clowney last season. Use him in his "prove it" year and see what Correa and D-Walker can add to the edge with Landry. Let's get another DL to develop with Casey gone and a CB to replace Ryan. Pick up a good back-up RB in the 5th round like Vaughn. Then next season draft the right WR in the first round.

People forget who the QB was (MM), the W/L during his period (2-4), and the anemic performance of the offense that was missing Lewan in the first 4 games (suspension) - to go with D-Walker being a zero.

It all changed when Lewan came back, MM was benched, Tannehill executed the O scheme brilliantly, and the O-line started bullying and stopped finessing defenses by pounding Henry. That gave Brown the opportunity to shine in the play action passing game.

How many opposing D's enjoyed slugging it out with the Titans in the last half of the season? KC got the better of them in the AFCCG because the D collapsed starting in the last of the second quarter. If the D had held up their end, the O could have stayed in the ball control/play action game and pounded KC's D into submission. The D was tired from playing 3 straight playoff games on the road and lacked quality talent in a couple of spots. They simply ran out of steam against the best O in the NFL of the SB champs.

Had Lewan and Tannehill started Game One, the record would probably have been at worst 11-5 and as good as 12-4. A first round game at home. That should tell everybody this team is solid and only needs help in a few spots to compete at a high level again subject to injuries.

I hope they are using the available cap space to sign Henry long term. Beasley had much better production than Clowney last season. Use him in his "prove it" year and see what Correa and D-Walker can add to the edge with Landry. Let's get another DL to develop with Casey gone and a CB to replace Ryan. Pick up a good back-up RB in the 5th round like Vaughn. Then next season draft the right WR in the first round.
Ok to take your point, How does drafting a tackle help with depth on a defense that collapsed

Agree with everything other than giving Henry a long deal.

Lynn Bowden could fit this Hurts idea I have too and he’ll be there when the Titans pick.
He will not be a QB in the NFL.

I dont see the titans taking a QB in any of the next 3 rounds. Yeah we need a backup but I dont think its smart to draft a player in these lower rounds and they might never see the field. Use these picks to fill needs, if theres a QB they like there in the 6th or 7th, go for it.

He will not be a QB in the NFL.

I dont see the titans taking a QB in any of the next 3 rounds. Yeah we need a backup but I dont think its smart to draft a player in these lower rounds and they might never see the field. Use these picks to fill needs, if theres a QB they like there in the 6th or 7th, go for it.
I’m not saying he’s a QB but he can be used like one.

I disagree with a lot of you here because I think the Titans are in dire need of more pass catchers.

About the only two I think you can count on are AJ Brown and Humphries, and the latter is hurt all the time.

VN Store

Back