The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Vic Beasley was a huge disappointment with the Falcons and I think the best part of his career is behind him.

He set career season marks for combined tackles and assists to go with 8 sacks and 12 QB hits. I'll take it on a one year, prove it deal while developing the next guy to step in. With Landry coming off the other side, O-lines are going to have to deal with more speed rushing. Vrabel's scheme should fit him well.

Could be something more likely nothing. A pass rush package of Landry, Clowney, Big Jeff, and Beasley with Evans and/or Brown would be pretty nice.

Agree. At this point the top rush FA's are Clowney and Griffen. Vikings are passing on a new deal with the later and he had Beasley type production.

If you are going big on a defensive FA, Clowney is the guy with the upside IMO. If he is healthy he can go off on people in the right scheme. With their roster the Titans would have the ability to manage his snaps more to keep him healthy and fresh. Don't want to give away all of the cap flexibility, but it would be great to have a guy opponents had to pay attention to every play he is in the game.

He set career season marks for combined tackles and assists to go with 8 sacks and 12 QB hits. I'll take it on a one year, prove it deal while developing the next guy to step in. With Landry coming off the other side, O-lines are going to have to deal with more speed rushing. Vrabel's scheme should fit him well.
Fans in Atlanta were disappointed in his sack totals his last three seasons with the Falcons.

Fans in Atlanta were disappointed in his sack totals his last three seasons with the Falcons.

I get that. Beasley was OK last season in comparison to the Titan pass rush. Landry led the Titans with 9, then it dropped to 5 for Casey and Correa. It's a one year, prove it deal on the opposite side from a young guy with great upside. J-Rob is not done. He's not betting the franchise on one guy. It's a better signing than somebody like Wake was last year.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If Diggs is there I like this pick. Titans need a solid corner opposite of Adoree.

They could then try and trade up into the top 8-10 of the 2nd and grab a RB or OT.

Reactions: Vols4us
Starting to think the Titans and Clowney have agreed to a deal pending a physical and it happened around the time the Casey trade went down. Doesn’t make much sense for J Rob to shed cap space and not make ANY moves since. You would think if Clowney was going back to Seattle it would have happened already. Also I find it odd there hardly has been any info about the status of Clowney who is/was one of the bigger name FA’s.

Starting to think the Titans and Clowney have agreed to a deal pending a physical and it happened around the time the Casey trade went down. Doesn’t make much sense for J Rob to shed cap space and not make ANY moves since. You would think if Clowney was going back to Seattle it would have happened already. Also I find it odd there hardly has been any info about the status of Clowney who is/was one of the bigger name FA’s.

Rumors are out there that have the Titans getting Clowney. Even The Athletic beat writer has an article up about the possibility. The Vrabel/Clowney past coach/player relationship should not be ignored. There's a legit shot at it.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Walder/ESPN had Vic Beasley's signing as one of the top 5 value signings of FA. Some analysts believe his downturn in sacks/pressures was a direct result of poor secondary play in Atlanta. If that is correct he may have a much improved year in a Titans uniform.

PFT this morning had Simms and Florio discussing the Titan’s biggest needs in the draft. Simms said DL and Florio said RT. Agree with both, but I side with Simms. We need someone to replace Casey.

VN Store

Back