The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

So we would be in at 9-7 in that scenario? Don't even have to beat NO?

I don't think we'd win the divsion in that scenario because we'd both be 9-7 but Houston would have a better divsion record; they'd be 4-2 and we'd be 3-3.

Feels like next week determines if we make the playoffs or not. Win and we’re in the drivers seat. Lose and the last 2 games become must wins and it becomes really tough.

Reactions: tvolsfan
This definitely doesn't look like the "same ole Titans". Been expecting a massive let down each of the last two weeks and we just keep rolling. The fact that we are majorly banged up right now kinda reinforces it.

AJ Brown appears to be becoming everything I thought Corey Davis would be. He's our hands down #1 IMO. And yeah, it's getting to a point at which giving Ryan Tannehill a new deal is gonna be a no-brainer. He's the QB of this team.

Reactions: NashVol11
Tied after a win today. I guess we could split the series to win the division. Idk.

Not sure that's correct. After head-to-head, the next tiebreaker would be divisional record: Houston's currently 3-1 and Tennessee is currently 2-2. They'd end up 4-2 in division games and TEN 3-3.

EDIT: Looks like someone already mentioned this part.

Titans are finally fun to watch!
sad and hard to say but they are a totally different team without Marcus. Each series you ask "which down will they get a first" instead of "will they even get a first down in this series". I hope Tanny is the answer but am scared he's just playing for a contract and we'll dip back down. In any case this is the most confident I've felt about them in ages.

I feel good about next Sunday

Feels like next week determines if we make the playoffs or not. Win and we’re in the drivers seat. Lose and the last 2 games become must wins and it becomes really tough.
It does feel like we have had a lot of "must win" games in a row. I guess it proves they all really were must win.

sad and hard to say but they are a totally different team without Marcus. Each series you ask "which down will they get a first" instead of "will they even get a first down in this series". I hope Tanny is the answer but am scared he's just playing for a contract and we'll dip back down. In any case this is the most confident I've felt about them in ages.

Tanny plays like he cares. Did you see him tackle that dude that picked him off? He plays with heart. We need a solid backup though. Tanny goes 100% so he will get dinged up.

Reactions: Vols4us

There is no way Tannehill keeps being this good every week. He’s on fire and is playing the best ball of his career. He will undoubtedly hit a slump. They all do.

But I honestly don’t think we need him to be much more than what he’s historically been. The Miami version of Tannehill is good enough to win with what we have. And it would still be better than anything we were getting out of Mariota.

However, I also think he’s a better player than he was in Miami, simply because he’s more experienced, still in his prime, and is fully healthy. His skill set also fits nicely into our system, and he is surrounded by probably the best team he’s ever had, but that’s another story.

Right now I just want to see if he can get us to the playoffs.

Tanny plays like he cares. Did you see him tackle that dude that picked him off? He plays with heart. We need a solid backup though. Tanny goes 100% so he will get dinged up.
a TD saving tackle. And it wasnt some wimpy-azz tackle. Full on laid that fat boy out tackle. Scared me a little that he risked injury but cant be too upset with care like that.

Reactions: Vols4us
1) Titans win out and are AFC South champs. (Actually I dont think they need to beat the Saints in week 16.)
2) Bills are top wildcard team
3) Bills @ Titans first round of playoffs - 20 year anniversary of the Music City Miracle.

Could happen. Crazy.

I know today was exciting but remember, that Raider defense is pretty weak. Hopefully I'm wrong but dont expect too much next week. Might be a massive letdown if expect too much. This D had gaping holes and the O is prime for a letdown.

I almost feel like the hype is getting out of control. I still think its more probable than not that we miss the playoffs. All the tiebreakers seem to be working against us.

Reactions: NashVol11
I know today was exciting but remember, that Raider defense is pretty weak. Hopefully I'm wrong but dont expect too much next week. Might be a massive letdown if expect too much. This D had gaping holes and the O is prime for a letdown.

I think the Titans are a better team than the Texans. Both teams are averaging right around 24 ppg offensively, but their defense has given up quite a few more points (23 ppg vs. our 19 ppg) and is ranked 26th over all in yards allowed. Either one of Henry or Tannehill could potentially go off, because they’re not particularly strong against either the pass or the run.

My only worry is how banged up we are, especially in the secondary. The thought of DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller against the likes of Tye Smith and Amani Hooker is scary. I’m not sure what the status is for Adoree Jackson and Kenny Vaccaro, but getting even just one of them back next week would be huge.

We’ve beaten the Texans 3 straight years in Nashville. Hopefully that trend continues.

I think the Titans are a better team than the Texans. Both teams are averaging right around 24 ppg offensively, but their defense has given up quite a few more points (23 ppg vs. our 19 ppg) and is ranked 26th over all in yards allowed. Either one of Henry or Tannehill could potentially go off, because they’re not particularly strong against either the pass or the run.

My only worry is how banged up we are, especially in the secondary. The thought of DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller against the likes of Tye Smith and Amani Hooker is scary. I’m not sure what the status is for Adoree Jackson and Kenny Vaccaro, but getting even just one of them back next week would be huge.

We’ve beaten the Texans 3 straight years in Nashville. Hopefully that trend continues.

I was surprised that we've actually ahead of them in points scored (though by a single point) given our early season struggles. On the defensive side they are averaging 23 points vs our 19 point average. One thing that brings out the pessimist in me is is that we've only beaten one team with a winning record (KC) and we end the season with 3 games against teams with winning records.

Last edited:

Yeah, Titans secondary is F'd right now. Can't help but to feel like Houston is gonna throw it up and down on us. Might stand a better chance in the second game even if it's in Houston.

Yeah, Titans secondary is F'd right now. Can't help but to feel like Houston is gonna throw it up and down on us. Might stand a better chance in the second game even if it's in Houston.

Jackson and Sims in the secondary are out, everybody else is listed to play including Brock - who played well when he was in against Oakland.The speed outside with the pass rush will help against Watson. I like the Titans' chances.

VN Store

Back