The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I think we can beat Auburn in Knoxville, and probably will beat UF and Vandy. Auburn isn't nearly as good as their record indicates.

But I seriously doubt we win any of the remaining road games either.
I will lose my **** if we beat Auburn. I agree that they're not quite that good, but I wouldn't bet against them for our game.

Yea, I get it. We don’t have a great team. But the inconsistency in officiating is awful. My blood pressure is better when not watching. I know officiating isn’t easy, but the SEC has a serious problem, yet, they won’t fix it.

It's just like with the FB officiating....what will it take from the officials making horrendous calls, before it's no longer "human error". That's a shield the SEC office hides behind, but human error is OK, but we need to draw a line in the sand where behind it, human error is fine, but beyond it, we just can't allow for it and the officials just have to do better than that. It's always what we expect from the student-athletes in every sport. I think those expectations from the officiating is lagging behind, and falling further back with every year....

Reactions: VolGee4
I blame Bowden for that about 99%. I don't know what in the hell he was doing just standing out there.

I've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt and waiting but I'm so over him. He's simply not a leader and not very good.

According to some here he plays too hard on defense. Can’t expect him to score. Too much to ask of him. Only college basketball player in history to play hard on defense.

I really feel like the TO was a foul and at least one of the charges were fouls though. The travels, yeah, but like every time he shot it, it seemed like it was going in or a foul. We needed Kotsar to foul out earlier
It was but not surprised they did not call it. This is Fulks team, he is the only one giving the best effort

Reactions: SmokeyLives
The TO by Fulky where Bryant just ran into & shoved him was a foul. How did they miss that?

We blew the game because we didn’t hit our FTs. Bowden not driving WITH THE LEAD when he was isolated was absolutely the very moment we blew this game.

According to some here he plays too hard on defense. Can’t expect him to score. Too much to ask of him. Only college basketball player in history to play hard on defense.
Bowden just needs to find him a place on the bench. I see that a lot about his defense even when they lose.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Sure. Whatever gets the tighty whities out of your butts. This team has no business being in half these games, but great coaching has shown improvements through the year.
improving ? they cant find a player that can dribble. where are they improving? By the way the teams they are playing are not that good

Reactions: KBVol
I haven’t watched many full games this year, but I can still say that Fulkerson gets no respect from officials. Called fouls on him when it’s close and gets no calls when he’s on offense.

When you struggle to score, free throws are like gold. We're not good enough to overcome missing nine or ten. It seemed Fulky got fouled every play. We should have keep feeding him. We lost it ourselves. Good fight, regroup try again.

Def should have made a few more of those FTs. Fulk shot okay, Pons was bad, Gaines was horrible
Gaines may have a high upside, I have no idea.
However, in two games I’ve seen him get in the side of the head with the basketball, and run straight into a defender underneath the basket with no idea what to do with the basketball.

improving ? they cant find a player that can dribble. where are they improving? By the way the teams they are playing are not that good
Fulk will be a mini Grant (with a worse jumpshot) by the end of the year, I think. He keeps getting better and more aggressive. As he learns to get that aggressiveness under control, he should have less TOs (people forget, but Grant had a lot of TOs also when he had a high usage rate, Fulk is pretty similar).

Vescovi is very good against meh defenses but still hasn’t adjusted to overly aggressive ones. I’m still seeing improvement, but today was definitely not his best, and he didn’t shoot extremely well to make up for it either. Still, def not a 10 TO game, and he handled it better than last time.

JJJ actually handled the ball pressure well today, I thought, and played under control.

Pons has stayed about the same all year, I think, despite being hugely improved from the year before. Maybe a slightly better at rebounding than earlier in the year, but it would be a marginal improvement if so.

I think we’re setting up a good foundation to be great next year with the incoming class.

I haven’t watched many full games this year, but I can still say that Fulkerson gets no respect from officials. Called fouls on him when it’s close and gets no calls when he’s on offense.
I can agree with some of this. But he shot 14 free throws tonight....not quite as one sided as you’re saying.

However, in two games I’ve seen him get in the side of the head with the basketball, and run straight into a defender underneath the basket with no idea what to do with the basketball.
He’s good at defense, offense is still a work in progress. He doesn’t trust his jumpshot at all. I think he has a high ceiling but he really needs to work on his shot

If Gaines has an upside I’ve yet to see even a glimmer of it. Not sure he’ll ever see the floor again next year once Springer, Johnson and company get here.

VN Store

Back