The Official Tennessee @ Mizzou Weekend Series Thread 3/17-3/19 (Fri. 4PM EST) (Sat. Postponed) (Sun. 2PM EST Doubleheader) (All games SEC NET+)

If he had taken that job. Kirby would have been a Tiger. He was already headed to Missouri until they fired the last staff and the new staff did not want Kirby. He went to a camp there which was required by PBR to go to the Future's Game and hit 3 HRs right handed and 2 left handed out of 7 pitches. He thew 7 pitches, all 7 for strikes, and got out all 4 guys he faced in the camp. But still no one talked to him. After the camp, the VA came to us as we were leaving and said off the sheet he was given, you need to work on your control with your pitching. Need to get in the weight room and get stronger in your hitting.
I was headed to the car but I couldn't help myself. After that, we weren't going there no matter what so why not burn the house down. I looked at that VA and said, as nice as I could, you have no clue and neither does whoever handed you that paper. I told him what Kirby had done and he turned red as could be. He said please stay right here. The HC wants to talk to you. I said nope, we are out of here. The RC called on the way home and said we messed up. I told him you messed up when you didn't interact with the best player at your camp. No other player hit a HR that day and you didn't talk to the one who hit 5 because all of ya'll were standing huddled up talking about something rather than watching him hit. Then he throws what would amounted to 1.1 perfect innings and you didn't notice because you were not even on the field. And your VA's and GA's were not smart enough to come get when while either were happening. If you can't get that stuff right, why would I trust my kid with you. So I hope we beat them by 50 every time we play them. They have made him fire his entire staff twice but kept him because they don't want to or can't pay his buyout.
Well, I for one am glad they did that because I love having Kirby in orange.

If he had taken that job. Kirby would have been a Tiger. He was already headed to Missouri until they fired the last staff and the new staff did not want Kirby. He went to a camp there which was required by PBR to go to the Future's Game and hit 3 HRs right handed and 2 left handed out of 7 pitches. He thew 7 pitches, all 7 for strikes, and got out all 4 guys he faced in the camp. But still no one talked to him. After the camp, the VA came to us as we were leaving and said off the sheet he was given, you need to work on your control with your pitching. Need to get in the weight room and get stronger in your hitting.
I was headed to the car but I couldn't help myself. After that, we weren't going there no matter what so why not burn the house down. I looked at that VA and said, as nice as I could, you have no clue and neither does whoever handed you that paper. I told him what Kirby had done and he turned red as could be. He said please stay right here. The HC wants to talk to you. I said nope, we are out of here. The RC called on the way home and said we messed up. I told him you messed up when you didn't interact with the best player at your camp. No other player hit a HR that day and you didn't talk to the one who hit 5 because all of ya'll were standing huddled up talking about something rather than watching him hit. Then he throws what would amounted to 1.1 perfect innings and you didn't notice because you were not even on the field. And your VA's and GA's were not smart enough to come get when while either were happening. If you can't get that stuff right, why would I trust my kid with you. So I hope we beat them by 50 every time we play them. They have made him fire his entire staff twice but kept him because they don't want to or can't pay his buyout.

Thank you for sharing, @Preacherman. Their loss is our gain, so I’m grateful that your son is a Vol! I rarely wear jerseys but sport Kirby’s as he epitomizes the definition of a team player.

So I've learned that @preacherman20 is Kirby's dad. That's awesome. KC is one of my favorite players. I love the way he's involved in the game whether he's playing or not. Running out to 1st base after a hit to exchange equipment with the hitter or running down a foul ball.

Tell him to change that hat though. It's nasty. 🤣

7f24k3.jpg

VN Store

Back