The Official Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I've been vocal about my dissatisfaction with JG's timing and reads, and yes, I'm frustrated that it continues to be an issue. With that said, I would like to say the following.

I told my son tonight that - whatever JG does next year - stays, transfers, or moves to Mars... "For the rest of his life, if you ever see him on the street, you tip your hat to him. Very few Vols have ever showed the kind of commitment to the T that he has."

He matured from his first season, and in the face of criticism, he never backed down when his number was called. When he messed up, he stood up in front of his teammates and owned it.

When it comes to heart, he is a Vol Hall of Famer. Period.
All kids mature at different times, you'll likely learn that with your son if you have not already done so!. JGs timing may have been off by a few weeks but watching him mature has made this an enjoyable season and optimism for the program throughout the Vol nation!!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
JG has been horrible every game of this season hes had to start.

Only when he comes of the bench and plays the hero is when he plays to his potential.

It's really not that complicated.

and he JUST had his best game.........AS A STARTER! 400 and bowl eligible

and guess what.....maurer couldn't complete a pass to a man 5 yards away

"you only had one job and u damn near got calloway killed"..........lmao

I’m not a “huge” Pruitt fan (I’m trying), but it is really obvious JG is the only real option Tennessee has at QB.

It’s also easy to see that Pruitt knows this and has for some time now.
he has said this countless times this year, yet folks continued to ignore it. maurer is the third best qb behind jg and jt

Reactions: JoAllan
he has said this countless times this year, yet folks continued to ignore it. maurer is the third best qb behind jg and jt

Yea agree.

We like to think we’re smarter than the actual coach......but we’re not.

Sure sometimes they make bone headed decisions......but when they stick with one.....they probably know (even “bone headed” is better than the alternative).

He tried Maurer......not sure why so many folks think “that worked”.....it didn’t. He brought emotion and fire.....but he is young and his skill set isn’t good enough “yet” to get it done.

He didn’t try JT much. I thought Pruitt should have given him more of an opportunity.....but he didn’t.......and that says a lot. Pruitt knows what will work and what won’t. We don’t have the “coaching skills” as Pruitt does, nor do we get to see everything in practice or run film for days.

Good, bad or ugly.....JG is the QB.....and really has been........Tennessee wins or loses with him. Thankfully it’s been good lately.

VN Store

Back