The Official Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

There are some on this site that are that stupid. I could guess who was bashing him, but they aren't even worth discussing.

He made a lot of great throws tonight. Still has trouble with the back or receiver out in the flat. Guys were opened tonight and he overthrew most of them. Needs a bit of touch on the shorter passes, imo

Reactions: whodeycin85
I’m just not used to Tennessee bowing their backs and not giving up. It’s actually enjoyable again 😆
It appears that this program is learning how to win again.
Gotta take care of the South Carolina’s, Vandys and Missouri’s, then you take that next step to the Bamas and Georgia’s.
GBO!!

He made a lot of great throws tonight. Still has trouble with the back or receiver out in the flat. Guys were opened tonight and he overthrew most of them. Needs a bit of touch on the shorter passes, imo
Dude, he threw for over 400 yards with two touchdowns. Who cares?

Our fanbase was downright cruel at times to JG. Damn, I think I'm tearing up a bit seeing JG break down like that after the game. The kid is tough. Playing with a broken wrist. 415 yards passing. A true story in perseverance that many can learn from. Bravo JG. Just bravo.
Agreed. JG's faced extreme adversity from everyone. He didn't fold. He stepped the F up and made himself his own TN legend. I love it, him, this team, and everything it means to be a Vol. I'm just so impressed by his character, his strength and dedication to this team and the game. Love you JG!!!!

We would have not won that game last year. They fought hard, made stupid plays, but did what they needed to do to win. It was ugly. Take it out on Vandy next week, and hang 49 on them. GBO! Congratulations.

J.G. you deserved that game. Say what you will, J.G. played his heart out. He may not be the best QB Tennessee has ever had, but the kid has a huge heart. The emotion he showed at the end of the game says all you need to know about the young man.
Yep, and sometimes that's what it takes to win ball-games.

I've been vocal about my dissatisfaction with JG's timing and reads, and yes, I'm frustrated that it continues to be an issue. With that said, I would like to say the following.

I told my son tonight that - whatever JG does next year - stays, transfers, or moves to Mars... "For the rest of his life, if you ever see him on the street, you tip your hat to him. Very few Vols have ever showed the kind of commitment to the T that he has."

He matured from his first season, and in the face of criticism, he never backed down when his number was called. When he messed up, he stood up in front of his teammates and owned it.

When it comes to heart, he is a Vol Hall of Famer. Period.

I actually really like Pruitt. Butch would’ve been giggling like a school girl and Pruitt is concerned about what they could’ve done better.
This right here is why I believe Pruitt is the right guy. He will always point out how we can get better. He is not satisfied with winning. He wants no mistakes. He is always teaching these guys.

Glad the Vols won the game. Glad JG is a Vol and I don't see any reason he would consider transferring. Glad the Vol's defense keeps them in the game with clutch stops late in the game. Glad the Vols are going bowling, and hope they beat the crap out of Vandy. Hope they get a good bowl game against a quality opponent.

Congratulations to the only football team I care about, the Tennessee Volunteers!

I am going to be completely rude and politically incorrect, but I cannot stand the idiots on this site who cannot accept a win without finding something completely moronic to bash coaches and players about!
You are not alone sir!
GBO!!

Awesome win. Got the MO monkey off our back. JG played a great game. He has taken a beating on the field and in social media the last couple of years for this team. A true VFL! We are going bowling!! Now crush candy next week and finish the season strong!!!

Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back