The Official Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Your correct....but right now Tennessee will prob keep James at point prob at least half the time (or more).....simply because Vescovi turns it over too much. While he is learning and James is at point.....I don’t think that will hurt too much because Vescovi is such a good shooter off the ball.

If Tennessee makes any type of post season.....I expect by then Vescovi will be the 75-80% point for this team.

I think James handled most of the PG responsibilities tonight but he had 4 TOs to Vescovi's 5 TOs. Not much difference.

Last edited:
Kim English subbing for Barnes on the coach's radio show. TN needs to hope he won't be Cuonzo's replacement. I wish we could place him at UT-C in a couple of years and make him CRB's replacement in waiting. That guy is a special coach.
I’d love for Kim English to take over after Barnes. I think he’s going to be a great head coach.

Reactions: Schasz
He's terrible.

In the span of 5 minutes he...

- called Johnson a freshman like 3 times

- said James Bowden

- Said he wouldn’t want to sit across Vescovi at the Blackjack table (this doesn’t make sense. He meant poker)

- said “point in case” instead of “case in point”

- said “as Barnes inbounds the ball”

I mean, I feel like he should get a CT scan and I’m not even joking around.

While Mizzou may not be a really good team......they played some really good and tight defense.

And Tennessee still hit 54% (overall) and 46% (from 3).

When Tennessee is hitting their shots (and they will usually his better vs a D which isn’t as tight) they can and will beat a lot of teams.

Vescovi improves Tennessee’s (3 %) just by being on the team......in no way should this season be over. Tennessee has simply been in a bad shooting slump and suffering defensively while adjusting to life after Turner.

If Bowden gets back (he was fine tonight) and Vescovi continues to hit shots and if Johnson can give some good minutes....this team can still do some damage, while adjusting defensively.

Like too often these days, way too much talk of stuff besides the ballgame we tuned in to watch

I can forgive some other talk occasionally, but it was under two minutes to go in a tight game, Pons makes a bad foul and they’re talking about other things rather than the game. SMDH.

Reactions: walkenvol
Thank God Santi was eligible to play this year. If not it would get ugly really fast. Good win today. You never complain about road wins
I agree. We got lucky when he fell in our lap. If they re-ranked him after see how good he is now, he would be one of the top 40 recruits.

- said James Bowden

- Said he wouldn’t want to sit across Vescovi at the Blackjack table (this doesn’t make sense. He meant poker)

And he said "Jalen James..." Yes, he was terrible!

- said James Bowden

On the plus side, He’s not Beth Mowins

- said James Bowden

Maybe he had a few pre-game

Blob is terrible! First time I listened to him in a while. He is completely inept at adding any color to a play. Sometimes I couldn't even tell we scored by his droning voice. Basket by whom Blob, damn???

SIX players in DOUBLE figures tonight-- great balance!

- said James Bowden

This cracked me up. Even though you weren’t joking around. Some people just aren’t good speakers from the cuff.

Thanks for the laugh.

Great win..my only gripe is how our best shooter imo only takes 3 shots and hits all 3 is now 8 of 11 from 3 looked straight pure from the free throw line..is un unflappable and takes 3 shots all game..hope he dont fall in line with jjj and looks for his shot becuase we will need him too.

Vescovi looked more comfortable running the team tonight and Jalen Johnson had a solid first half.

Great defensive game.

Bowden had a good game.

VN Store

Back