The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

They run essentially a flexbone offense. There are players running in multiple directions at the snap and it can become very easy ri lose who actually had the ball. Any time the ran a straight up no option run play, the defense stuffed it.

Just glad they can't pass the ball. LOL

Yes, It was. Should be 20 points better than KY.
BS. You do not know what you are talking about.The team is in good position to close the season 7-3 and is taking the steps to rebuild the program that we have been hoping for. That Wr turned Qb has been giving people fits all season. He had 450 yards rushing in the last three games and they run a option offense that few teams see anymore. They came close to beating Florida.

Weird game. Clearly not ready to play in the first quarter. Congrats to the Cats for forcing us to follow their script and keeping it close. We need to learn from this get healthy and finish strong. GBO

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Easy there big fella. That’s pushing it to say the least.
How so, kid is a freshman already knows the game and is playing lights out. 1998 was a long time ago nobody is taking anything away from Wilson. If you read my comment, I used the word "potential" A real vol fan would hope that we have a young dude that can reach that level of play and not be a naysayer.

Younger QBs will have another off season, spring, summer and fall camp to progress. All of them, including Bailey coming in, have higher ceilings than JG and aren’t prone to the ridiculous mistakes he consistently has made this year. Thanks for a couple good halves this year and hopefully some decent play the last 2 games....but we know who he is, what his shortcomings now are and he’s just not good enough. Move along out of the way and let the younger guys develop so we can have some good, solid, maybe even great SEC QB play....something JG simply cannot give.

You have no idea what JG will give next year.

Gave you a like.

I’m not a coach and don’t understand why KY is able to rush for 300 yards. I think they did the same thing vs UGA.

We got the win so that’s all that matters.
They commit to the run and do so in down and distances that no one else would do. They are completely unbalanced and they are content to get 3 yds a play over and over again. They got 300 yds but only about 100 of them mattered. As they were winning much of the game they never felt the need to change strategy. The tone of the first 10 min drive broke most fans spirits and people were down and didn't really notice at first but we never gave up anything else like it the rest of the game. Their other score was a short field. We figured it out and contained it. We won, enjoy!

The defense was stout and impressive tonight!! To be in the field over 42 minutes and still put up a goal one stand like that. Nice. And someone will say, if we would’ve stopped them some they wouldn’t be on the field for 42 minutes. Them boys are gonna need an ice bath tonight!!

Reactions: volfanhill
To update what I said at halftime: they got one sustained drive score when we were on our heels, and a second freak score from the blocked punt. After that we found ourselves, made adjustments at halftime (as I hoped), and took care of business in the second half. In Kentucky, against a team at home looking for revenge for last year, and working toward bowl eligibility. These are games we've lost in the near past, and tonight we won. GO VOLS!

Okay, it wasn't pretty... but there is a reason Tennessee is now 33-2 vs Kentucky since 1985 and it's no fluke. It doesn't matter what they have or what we have... or even where the game is played. We either find a way to win or they find a way to blow it. Stoops looked so frustrated after the game... on the verge of tears. He is 1-6 vs Tennessee now, during our abyss. What a joke of a football program Kentucky is.

BS. You do not know what you are talking about.The team is in good position to close the season 7-3 and is taking the steps to rebuild the program that we have been hoping for. That Wr turned Qb has been giving people fits all season. He had 450 yards rushing in the last three games and they run a option offense that few teams see anymore. They came close to beating Florida.

This. If Kentucky has any semblance of a passing game, they would be tough to beat indeed.

VN Store

Back