The Official Tennessee @ #6 Kentucky Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN

Stat of the day: Tennessee is 7-5 against the cats in the last 12, all of which Kentucky has been ranked, and 4 of those 7 victories, Kentucky was in the top 10.
Yeah what’s interested about those 12 games:
When Kentucky is higher ranked: UT 6 wins, UK 3
When Tennessee is higher ranked: UT 1, UK 2
Maybe we play better as the underdog 😅

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I love how when we started our comeback they had like a 5 minute long interview with bracket dweeb Lunardi talking about how big blue nation will be excited about being a 2 seed in Indy. Lmao. Then they cut to a double screen with Calipari scoffing about the Evansville loss.

I know. They were going to run the side interview fluff because they thought the game would not be close. The Big Orange had other plans.

People who should give themselves a self imposed ban from this board for the next game or two are:
1. Anyone who has said Fulky wasn’t an SEC caliber player. His game against UNC his freshman year should have been enough to prove you all. He is nothing but 220lbs of heart and relentless energy.
2. Anyone who said Barnes can’t coach, took time off recruiting, or is overpaid. He is the best coach we’ve had in any sport in years. He is a terrible call vs Purdue away from most likely taking a bunch of 2/3 star players to a Final4. How could he predict that Grant and Bone would go pro? Or Turner get hurt.
IMO he should get consideration for SEC COTYEAR. Basically lose all 5 starters and still be a very competitive team is amazing. He deserves every penny.
3. All of you who whined and cried about these kids not being tough, athletic, skilled, or SEC caliber players earlier in this thread (or any time really). They are young men trying to learn how to play together in what has been an unbelievably chaotic season. Heck, even IF LAMONTE HAD played all year I think winning 17-18 games plus beating UK-FLA & playing Fla.St & Kansas tough would’ve been amazing!
4. This basketball program, from top to bottom, is the best thing athletically wearing Volunteer Orange. The kids are great and easy to root for. The coaches are friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. The teams are always competitive and fun too watch.
We had better all enjoy this as long as we can because it’s basketball 🏀 heaven in Knoxville.
GO VOLS

Reactions: LibertyVol
People who should give themselves a self imposed ban from this board for the next game or two are:
1. Anyone who has said Fulky wasn’t an SEC caliber player. His game against UNC his freshman year should have been enough to prove you all. He is nothing but 220lbs of heart and relentless energy.
2. Anyone who said Barnes can’t coach, took time off recruiting, or is overpaid. He is the best coach we’ve had in any sport in years. He is a terrible call vs Purdue away from most likely taking a bunch of 2/3 star players to a Final4. How could he predict that Grant and Bone would go pro? Or Turner get hurt.
IMO he should get consideration for SEC COTYEAR. Basically lose all 5 starters and still be a very competitive team is amazing. He deserves every penny.
3. All of you who whined and cried about these kids not being tough, athletic, skilled, or SEC caliber players earlier in this thread (or any time really). They are young men trying to learn how to play together in what has been an unbelievably chaotic season. Heck, even IF LAMONTE HAD played all year I think winning 17-18 games plus beating UK-FLA & playing Fla.St & Kansas tough would’ve been amazing!
4. This basketball program, from top to bottom, is the best thing athletically wearing Volunteer Orange. The kids are great and easy to root for. The coaches are friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. The teams are always competitive and fun too watch.
We had better all enjoy this as long as we can because it’s basketball 🏀 heaven in Knoxville.
GO VOLS
I agree with you about this being good times in our BB program. But how can you fault fans for displaying their negative emotion when things look down? That is sort of like telling people how to vote or how to live. Emotions will sway back and forth for any true fan. Let it be and enjoy the good times as there are more on the horizon for this coach and his program.

Reactions: twoffo
I agree with you about this being good times in our BB program. But how can you fault fans for displaying their negative emotion when things look down? That is sort of like telling people how to vote or how to live. Emotions will sway back and forth for any true fan. Let it be and enjoy the good times as there are more on the horizon for this coach and his program.
Of course we all get emotional or frustrated by the ups and downs of our team. But so many of our posters are ready to tar and feather every player or coach at the first signs of not meeting expectations of what they want. Just be supportive and more appreciative of what we have been blessed with.
An amazing coaching staff who recruits hardworking, respectful, and coachable players that play hard 99% of the time.

VN Store

Back