The Official Tennessee @ #4 Alabama Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Well I sure am glad we decided to go on 4th and 6 deep in our territory. Begging the Gumps to run up the score. Went from covering to not covering, costing me over $500. Thanks Heupel!

Reactions: HARTUPM
Because people here always no matter who the coach is will never accept the fact that coaches absolutely can and do make bad play calls. Some folks never criticize, and constructive criticism is an awesome learning tool. People defended Dooley till they very end. People defended butch till very end. People defended Pruitt till very end. And they used the same exact excuse for every one of them. DEPTH. I'm sick of people using depth to excuse bad play calling.
The fans accepting the fact that coaches make mistakes will not lead to more success on the field as you say.

On the flipside....a few more stops on 3rd down would have given our team rest. 3rd down defense needs major work.
Absolutely. Our D gives up 3rd and long all night to any team with a mobile QB.
And we have a player in most instances with a shot at making a tackle and ending a drive, but they fail nearly every time.
The only thing that’s gonna change that is better players, especially at LB

Its not an excuse it is what it is. The problem is we dont have players. Not an excuse it is the truth. Our coaches for the first time I can remember since maybe Majors is getting more with less.
Remember when hurricane pushed Florida game towards end of season. We won. UT always plays uga Florida bama and another west team. That's the most brutal sec schedule every year.

You do realize we are down several linemen and the only real running back we have? And the 2nd stringers behind them are not SEC caliber. Thinking that might be a reason why we have to rely on big plays.
Yes, which I've constantly said we need better players and more depth

Remember when hurricane pushed Florida game towards end of season. We won. UT always plays uga Florida bama and another west team. That's the most brutal sec schedule every year.
Did you stop to think of the difference in roster ? There was a huge difference. Its call NFL draft picks

By the rime the playoffs start Bama will be Bama. If you think otherwise it is pure hatred. I wouldnt be shocked if they beat UGA in the SEC champ. I dont think they can do it twice but they can beat UGA. They are the only team anywherr with as much talent. To say other wise is ***** delusional
They want. They're talented but golding sucks as the defensive coordinator and the offense is a big drop off from the previous years. Georgia will roll them easily. Georgia has their easiest path to a championship this year. It's do or die for them this cause it want get any easier

Up tempo is ok. Hectic isn't. When we get better players and more of them, we won't have to play hoping we catch other teams flat footed all the time.
Heupel’s offense has been top five at every coaching stop as OC or HC. It’s not the problem. We’ll continue to keep playing fast, and catching teams off guard. We’ll also run well when we have a healthy OL and backs.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
My, the grain alcohol crowd is vocal tonight.:rolleyes: Too bad that some of you word warriors couldn't suit up in Tuscaloosa.
Sax, I’m drunk but yet, surprisingly level headed. I can’t explain it but so far, this is one of my favorite and easiest Tennessee teams to root for! These guys have fought their @$$ off this season and as long as they continue to do that, I’ll fight for them! My only complaint was the call to not go for it on that 4th down, orbat the very least, try to draw them offsides.
GBO!!

Reactions: feathersax
This team has heart, but the reality is that we are extremely thin and were outmanned tonight. We weren’t supposed to win this game, and we were within one score in the fourth quarter. A loss is a loss, but I’m proud of this team. I’m cautiously optimistic that Heupel has us moving in the right direction. Working the transfer portal and success on the recruiting trail are going to be critical

They want. They're talented but golding sucks as the defensive coordinator and the offense is a big drop off from the previous years. Georgia will roll them easily. Georgia has their easiest path to a championship this year. It's do or die for them this cause it want get any easier
Lol keep drinking. UgA is good and yes they are likely the favorite. But they crap the bed more often than not. Besides Fisher is the first Saban assistant to beat him.......

Oh, I'm talking to a former Heisman candidate!

Did you miss that you started attacking a lifelong fan who has been a fan of UT football for 40+ years. Nice lack of brotherhood bro.

You must have been treated pretty poorly by your pee wee coach as a kid. But yeah no Heisman in my history but you appear to be someone who loves to just go after folks attacking them (fellow fans) unprovoked for making an honest accurate comments. It’s pretty small of you actually. And yeah I competed at a high level D1 and professionally and against international competition. My guess is most people who are keyboard warriors and want to name call and degrade folks just posting their opinion is they don’t have many athletic accomplishments of their own and want to reflect their athletic superiority (which is non existent) by going after folks they would not have the balls to say in person or be able to backup. Most are probably some out of shape slob that is sitting on their couch eating Cheetos and drinking beer and yells at their kids and treats their wife poorly if they have a wife at all. Maybe that’s not you but I suspect I’m right.

Have a good night and please post the missed calls that would flip the scoreboard. We are all dying to see the list of calls that has nothing to do with our lack of depth, new staff, etc.. cause according to you had we had a few more calls go our way we would have won this game. Can’t wait to see what you put together for everyone to read. Your such an amazing football wizard who should be added to Coach Heupel’s staff.

VN Store

Back