The Official Tennessee @ #3 Kansas Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN

We just don’t yet have any quality depth to compete with teams with the talented players teams like Kansas have. We are getting better, but we lost 4 of last year’s players. We have some talent and Pons have progressed very well. We lost our point guard to injury and we are playing with a lot of players who are still learning the system. I think we will continue to improve as the season rolls along.
Good post. Have alot of new players having to learn. Sometimes some think that all young players should be automatically great. Takes time.

Lol

I won before it began.....you stated “poor coaching” because of subbing......and 3 players had multiple fouls......they had to get benched.

I understand the zone......I also understand Tennessee has one of the better D’s in the country.......and it ain’t a zone.

You want them to get away from their “strength” to “try” a zone in order to stop ONE player who has 9 points......tennessee has 3 who have 9 or more........the turnovers ARE the problem.
Yes turnovers have been all season and are a problem in this game. No surprise and that’s not going to change this year against good defensive teams. Let’s see what Kansas does the second half with Azubuike. I’m betting if we play man they’ll go to him 60% of the time and Fulky will foul out, if we don’t play some zone

but you can bet if Tn gets a 5* its usually always ends up being a 3* in reality and before anybody says Duke offered , he would not even see the floor at Duke.

His numbers are better than several other 5 stars. Whitney from UK was ranked higher in every service, and he just announced that he was transferring. Not all 5 stars are one and done, and that was discussed preseason with JJJ.

Complaining about Barnes salary like it’s coming out of their own pockets. 😂
My donation is $2500 a year plus 12 season football tix & 2 basketball season tix! That means my money accounts for @ least treefiddy ($3.50) annually of that money !!!! Fahr Barnes!!! Fahr all them bastaads

Yes turnovers have been all season and are a problem in this game. No surprise and that’s not going to change this year against good defensive teams. Let’s see what Kansas does the second half with Azubuike. I’m betting if we play man they’ll go to him 60% of the time and Fulky will foul out, if we don’t play some zone
Not if Azabuike fouls out first (just kidding, that will never happen)

Reactions: 1985Vols
Lack of talent is the problem

agree they prob have more talent...but
Tennessee is shooting it better than Kansas, other than the dunks Tennessee is playing solid D, they just have 9 turnovers to Kansas’s 3.....and at least 2 led to fast break easy points.

Somebody has a lot of work to get Plavsic to playing at this level he is less skilled than any of the guys that left. He is big and that is about it.

Okay, so he was a PG coming out and everyone expected him to be the backup PG, and Barnes replaced him at PG for a guy who was there a week.

That’s not good!
He was expected to play backup PG. a lot different than starting. Give him time.

Any NBA franchise that takes Assofdookie in the first round is stupid. No skills or athletic ability.

VN Store

Back