One Knoxville Sporting Club (USL League One)

The team will compete in USL League Two Southern Conference, a league that allows college-level and elite high school players with professional aspirations to participate in high-level competition while maintaining NCAA eligibility, starting in 2022. The group aims to later join USL League One, a fully professional league that is considered the third tier of American soccer.

Oh wow. I admittedly didn’t know this was a thing. Been living out of state and few years and haven’t been keeping up with some of the happenings of the area. Hope they get some solid support

Reactions: DocVOLiday and MAD
awesome, I also didn't know Knoxville was getting a team (been in other places for a bit)

also, I like the logo. might get a shirt

Reactions: C/O and MAD
Very cool. I love to see this sort of thing and will support it.

It appears they are likely to play in the new stadium being proposed in the Old City.

Just learning this is a thing. Logo looks like something Patagonia would sell. There’s a huge drop off just from MLS to USL Championship, not sure how entertaining a USL 2 team would be.

Just learning this is a thing. Logo looks like something Patagonia would sell. There’s a huge drop off just from MLS to USL Championship, not sure how entertaining a USL 2 team would be.
From my understanding that design is just the crest. They haven’t designed the kits yet. Knoxville has to start somewhere, hopefully they move up quickly from USL 2 to USL with support from the fans showing interest, from there, who knows? I’ve attended USL matches in Florida and in North Carolina, it was a lot of fun.

From my understanding that design is just the crest. They haven’t designed the kits yet. Knoxville has to start somewhere, hopefully they move up quickly from USL 2 to USL with support from the fans showing interest, from there, who knows? I’ve attended USL matches in Florida and in North Carolina, it was a lot of fun.

Have they said where they’re playing? I assume where the UT women's team plays, I can’t really think of anywhere else that would work, unless it’s at a high school.

Have they said where they’re playing? I assume where the UT women's team plays, I can’t really think of anywhere else that would work, unless it’s at a high school.
I read one option would be to share a new downtown stadium with the Smokies. Play in Regal until it’s ready.

5D505623-6C91-4B8D-934F-FE5E792C002D.png

VN Store

Back