The Official Johnny Majors Classic: Tennessee vs. Pittsburgh Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Penalties killed us. Overthrows in first-quarter left points on the field. We lost the turnover game. We are not good enough to overcome these things and win. The team fought the entire game. I think our back up QB's are better than the starter. SMH

Reactions: Gilb69
Had a great opportunity to steal this one. Not getting a better play call on 4th down (I thought it was a bad spot on 3rd down run) ruined the comeback. I thought Pitt D was getting tired. Vols didn’t attack the perimeter enough last 2 possessions IMO.

There are several no chance blowouts coming up. Better get ready for 40 point losses vs. Bama , GA and FL and maybe Ole Miss

Bama and GA defenses scare me. No one else on the schedule have defenses that I’m scared of not being able to score on. Like I said we will score points this year. Will have more chances in games than years past

Reactions: tnvols72
Undisciplined, sloppy play, lots of injuries and a few bright moments dotted in. We have a long way to go but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The performance is the red zone is on par with last year and is once again very concerning.

Reactions: MeanOrange
This is just not the same program people 25 years old and up remember and love. Just too many leadership mistakes with AD and coaching hires.

It's not Danny White and Josh Heupel's fault.

Many of these losses don't hurt anymore.

Good win by Pitt.
But the one’s 50 or older fully recognize it. Pitt rolls us last year. We’re gonna win more than 1-2 that we’re supposed to lose.

Reactions: BreatheUT
This is just not the same program people 25 years old and up remember and love. Just too many leadership mistakes with AD and coaching hires.

It's not Danny White and Josh Heupel's fault.

Many of these losses don't hurt anymore.

Good win by Pitt.
But given time Danny White and Heupel will clean this hope I hope. We was missing 6 starters today by time the game ended and we still had our chances with just 70 scholarship players. Most people on here I beleive wanna see improvement, and this team is most definitely improved from what we had over the last couple years. Let’s give this coaching staff a chance to build a team. But I will say that if he runs Milton back out there next week as starter I’m afraid we may have another JG/Pruitt situation all over again.

Reactions: BreatheUT and dstee

VN Store

Back