The Official Johnny Majors Classic: Tennessee vs. Pittsburgh Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Not necessarily. Which is worse, throwing out the read option portion or the deep ball portion?

The read option brings the DBs closer to the line of scrimmage which helps open up the long pass. If the DBs don’t have to respect the run then they can sit back and defend the long ball all day. The OL can’t hold off the front 7 long enough for a less mobile QB to sit back in the pocket that long.

Pitt qb is surgical. We about to get picked to pieces in the second half unfortunately. Only way to stay in the game is to keep scoring, but we can’t

Its just so hard watching the 1st quarter and thinking, maybe we’re turning the corner a little bit. Then you watch the 2nd quarter and you realize, nothing has changed. 🤷‍♀️

Remember when Guarantano overthrew Dominick Wood Anderson in the Florida game? Like, the really bad overthrow? We had one of those again, wide open guy, headed for the checkerboards, and Milton overthrew him by 4-5 yards.

In short - you missed nothing good. You probably shouldn't watch it. Unless you just really wanna. Even then, though, seriously, don't.
That was particularly egrarius. It wasn't Milton's typical deep ball overthrow where the receiver has his man beat and the QB just needs to lead the WR.

There was no defender to beat. He was wide open.

You can expect it all you want, but Pitt is in their seventh year with a pretty good coach and is right there with us in dumbass penalties. It happens. Especially in the start of a new year with a new staff and a weak ass team.

5 penalties for 35 yards versus 8 for 95 isn’t right there with us.

This is going to be ugly. CJH and White both need to GO and go now. Sorry but I don't buy into either one of them. I'm sorry but this man isn't it, I hope I'm wrong but as the way the first half has gone I don't see him leading us to a successful season.

Lol I'm convinced our fans don't deserve better. You want to get rid of a coach after 6 quarters? Tell me more, who should we hire?

I expect not to have ton of stupid penalties. I expect to have a competent qb who doesn’t consistently overthrow walk in touchdowns. That’s just for starters.

If they truly are “walk in” touchdowns then isn’t it the play calls that are getting them open? Unless you think the wide receivers are just drawing plays up in the dirt each play, and now there is a different qb. There isn’t much else they can do from a coaching standpoint

This is going to be ugly. CJH and White both need to GO and go now. Sorry but I don't buy into either one of them. I'm sorry but this man isn't it, I hope I'm wrong but as the way the first half has gone I don't see him leading us to a successful season.
Alright then who you hiring homie?

Our defense is not good...but we knew this. Our hope was to win shootouts...so here we are trying to do that. Everything is going as expected. Except for a Qb that overthrows every deep ball....and that QB being Milton. I thought Bailey would be the starter.

This is a bit extreme. This is his 2nd game he's ever coached at Tennessee LOL.

We are getting 2-3 yards rushing just from what I can see, we need some fast passes to spread it out, get our Tight End involved

VN Store

Back