The Official Johnny Majors Classic Game Thread: #24 Tennessee @ #17 Pittsburgh, 3:30 PM ET, ABC

What brand of whiskey (or whisky if it's made in Scotland) should one drink if they want the least risk of a headache afterward?

We won a battle of attrition. Had we not knocked Slovis out of the game they may have run us out of there in the 2nd half.
If if if. Had Tillman not dropped a load and Fant not made a bonehead penalty.... Had we not fumbled... Had had had.

The point is we won. Last year we lost about all these games like this. We played like trash and beat a reigning P5 conference champ in their house.

Defense came through when it mattered most in OT...would have preferred it never went that far, but a win is a win is a win against a Top 25 opponent.

We got a huge opportunity to tighten some things up against Akron next week and then.nring on them Gators!!!
So glad we have Akron next week instead of UF. We have much to work on

Can somebody explain the toe down is not a catch ? I still don't know how we got that call.

I didn't understand that call either. It seems they ruled both the toe and heel touched at the same time but I sure didn't see it that way but I do look forward to all the future Pitt postings of screen shots, etc complaining about the SEC refs and how they should have won the game. Deja Vu Pitt !!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I don’t think Tennessee has “a lot” of teams left to play who are better tan Pitt.

Some for sure……a lot? Probably not.
Georgia, Bama are better. UF better, but super thin. LSU better players, but I think Pitt would beat them. Kentucky and Pitt similar. Everyone else not as good.

Bama looked beatable this afternoon....their D is great....but Georgia would crush them, and I think we can hang with them.

Maybe it was the lack of pass coverage. Maybe the 80 yard td run. Maybe the fumble, muffed punt, and terrible O-line play. We still have a lot of good teams to play that are way better than Pitt. There’s a lot to be concerned about if it isn’t fixed.
Agreed. Lots to be fixed. After watching Florida beats us by two touchdowns. Worst called game in the Heupel time in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back