The Official Halfcourt Trap UT Preview: The Nonconference Schedule.

I am just doubting James because he hasn't performed well in a tournament yet. Not saying he isn't good, he just won't go down as one of the greatest without a solid senior season. That doesn't include the Lopez Brothers Nuts in his face all game either. We will see how that team will react to Buzz....UT did great with Pearl, how will Marquette handle it?

Just want to add I'd rather take Mathews or Hayward over James on UT. I don't want a cocky, under 6 footer running Point for UT. JMO.

They're in my preseason Top 25. Can't see them getting to the Elite Eight again.

Neither can I, but I couldn't see it last year either.

I'll see them play NC State Dec. 6 in Charlotte and get an indication of their potential. They'll play tough like all of McKillop's teams. What's hard to replace is Richards' court savvy - he led the nation in assists last year, partially b/c Curry can drain, but also because he sets up easy baskets for teammates.

Neither can I, but I couldn't see it last year either.

I'll see them play NC State Dec. 6 in Charlotte and get an indication of their potential. They'll play tough like all of McKillop's teams. What's hard to replace is Richards' court savvy - he led the nation in assists last year, partially b/c Curry can drain, but also because he sets up easy baskets for teammates.
I would also imagine that Curry struggles a bit more this season. I believe people are going to box and one or match him up all night. I would guess that they'll also faceguard him hard and let him drive it or backcut. He isn't beating you from 2 land. He'll murder you from 3 land.

What about UTC hat? I'm sure we're supposed to kill them but I'd like to know a little about them in any case. Also who do you see as the surprise of the SEC this year(player or team)?

I would also imagine that Curry struggles a bit more this season. I believe people are going to box and one or match him up all night. I would guess that they'll also faceguard him hard and let him drive it or backcut. He isn't beating you from 2 land. He'll murder you from 3 land.
They've been guarding him that way since 5 games into his freshman season.

What about UTC hat? I'm sure we're supposed to kill them but I'd like to know a little about them in any case. Also who do you see as the surprise of the SEC this year(player or team)?
Chattanooga is not a bad team. However, if UT struggles with them, they've got some real troubles with the rest of the nonconference schedule.

Surprise team: LSU. I think they're going to be really good. I also think South Carolina will be much better.
Surprise Player: Eneil Polynice. He has just scratched the surface of his talent in his first two years. Perry Stevenson and Renaldo Woolridge are also going to opne some eyes.

Stevenson's a surprise, all the Kentucky fans seem to think Jody Meeks is going to be the next Jordan but I haven't heard anyone mention Stevenson.

I understand that, but it's going to get much tougher IMO. I think teams are going big on him and telling everyone else to beat them.

Matt Bouldin and Austin Daye went big on him. And Steph went big on them right back.

I agree it's going to get tougher, but not b/c of what teams are going to do to him.

Steph, like his father, doesn't need more than an inch to get off a shot. With Richards as his backcourt mate, Stephen got 3 inches. Now, Steph will have to create space on his own. That will be the big challenge.

Matt Bouldin and Austin Daye went big on him. And Steph went big on them right back.

I agree it's going to get tougher, but not b/c of what teams are going to do to him.

Steph, like his father, doesn't need more than an inch to get off a shot. With Richards as his backcourt mate, Stephen got 3 inches. Now, Steph will have to create space on his own. That will be the big challenge.
and that's why I think it's going to get tougher. Go big and don't ever help because the other 4 can't beat your 4. He will be faceguarded everywhere.

That's a given. Considering when it's played, I consider it essentially a conference game. The dye will be pretty well cast by the time the Tigers hit Knoxville.

Please have the SEC Presidents consider this a real conference game by booting Vandy and bringing in Memphis.

and that's why I think it's going to get tougher. Go big and don't ever help because the other 4 can't beat your 4. He will be faceguarded everywhere.

It's a dilemma for any team. Steph can handle the ball well enough to beat a taller, slower guy off the dribble. And if they double him, there are other guys for Davidson who can knock down a shot or take it to the hole.

If I were game planning against them, I'd rotate as many quick, feisty guys on him all game long. Pressure him full court the entire game, always with a fresh body on the ball. He'll get a good number of shots, but it might wear him down, and it might take everyone else off their game.

12th? No way.. here's how i see the big east finishing up this year

1. UCONN
2. Louisville
3. Notre Dame
4. Pitt
5. Villanova
6. West Virginia
7. Marquette
8. Syracuse
9. Providence
10. Georgetown

Providence will be a one and done in the tourney
After losing to Northeastern this weekend, finishing 12th probably looks pretty good to Providence. Welcome to the real world, Keno.

It's a dilemma for any team. Steph can handle the ball well enough to beat a taller, slower guy off the dribble. And if they double him, there are other guys for Davidson who can knock down a shot or take it to the hole.

If I were game planning against them, I'd rotate as many quick, feisty guys on him all game long. Pressure him full court the entire game, always with a fresh body on the ball. He'll get a good number of shots, but it might wear him down, and it might take everyone else off their game.
but I want him beating me off the dribble and taking it to other defenders. Let him shoot 2s or go to the hole and dish. I think those take away the danger he represents.

VN Store

Back