The Official Florida @ Tennessee Game Thread 12:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Great win, we’ll be losing at least 3 players to the pros.

May lose another 1-2 to transfer, Walker not seeing a minute has me worried.

I would say with the extra year of eligibility granted, there will be a lot of players looking for transfers for their final year.

With Chandler and a good transfer big, we should have enough support pieces to compete for a spot.
I’m unclear on whether a senior gets another year only if he plays at his existing school or if they’ve got another year and can grad transfer anywhere and be eligible?

I’m unclear on whether a senior gets another year only if he plays at his existing school or if they’ve got another year and can grad transfer anywhere and be eligible?

JG is transferring to Washington State and he was a 5th year guy.

Reactions: walkenvol
The rumored transfer is a big- UNC Center Walker Kessler. His dad is apparently asking around, we recruited him, and there might be intrigue with playing with Chandler.

Apparently the Kessler transfer rumors have been squashed. At least that’s what the UNC folks are saying.

I’d love to have him.

Glad we won but keep thinking about that 3 of 21 from the three. How we win against the best teams we hope to face going forward when were so weak from the perimeter.

Glad we won but keep thinking about that 3 of 21 from the three. How we win against the best teams we hope to face going forward when were so weak from the perimeter.
That stat should be a cause for optimism as that is an anomaly. If we shoot 3’s anywhere close to our seasons average then it was a blowout win. Not likely we shoot that poorly again

That stat should be a cause for optimism as that is an anomaly. If we shoot 3’s anywhere close to our seasons average then it was a blowout win. Not likely we shoot that poorly again
For this team? Next game maybe. Just as likely to go 1 for 25 as they are 5 for 10. only the Shadow knows with these guys.

Reactions: NATHAN05
For this team? Next game maybe. Just as likely to go 1 for 25 as they are 5 for 10. only the Shadow knows with these guys.
I know being pessimistic is your thing, but as a team we’ve shot 33.6% from 3 on the season. Shooting 14% is the definition of an anomaly being so far off the norm. A basic understanding of statistics says there’s a high probability we return closer to the norm in future contests. It’s college basketball and we all know anything can happen for one game.

Reactions: Vol49er
Great win, we’ll be losing at least 3 players to the pros.

May lose another 1-2 to transfer, Walker not seeing a minute has me worried.
I just get the feeling the 2021-2022 BasketVols will be playing in the NIT. Too many losses to overcome in one season.

What do you think Tennessee's Seed will be in the NCAA Tournament if they make it to the Finals of the SEC Tournament? I think Tennessee would probably be a #5 Seed.
May depend on who they beat/lose to, as well as what others do...beat Florida then Bama and lose a close one to Arkansas I could see a 4.

Reactions: Border Vol
I think Tennessee will make the Finals beating Florida and Kentucky(I think Alabama will choke).
Yep very likely playing the Gators again in the quarter finals. Any word on status of Tre Mann? Maybe its just me, but a migraine for a 21 year old sounds a bit fishy.

Yep very likely playing the Gators again in the quarter finals. Any word on status of Tre Mann? Maybe its just me, but a migraine for a 21 year old sounds a bit fishy.
I’ve known several 21 year olds with migraines. Debilitating.

Reactions: Lurker
Interestingly enough, we’ve also lost recently when we’ve shot a decent percentage from three. It is important to shoot well, but outrebounding and limiting turnovers to a minimum is often times more important than the three ball percentage.

Reactions: Volfan2012
From one who’s been there or done that, it is far from fishy. As a matter-of-fact, it is more common in the teens, 20’s, and 30’s. It can be quite debilitating.

Reactions: Lankykong

VN Store

Back