**The Official Florida Game Thread:Zone Edition**

You were hard on him based off of your neighbors comments last year. Rightfully so, but glad there is improvement this year.
Nah, his neighbors were way wrong from the get-go hahaha
He never had great personnel on offense up there. His abilities were apparent. But he has definitely exceeded everyone's expectations.
And just to think: he committed to Pruitt
SO GLAD HH STAYED AROUND

I ran one of this simulators and we had better odds of beating Bama than LSU and UGA. Would love to see us pickup one of those 3 and would relish if it was Bama. Problem is if we lose to LSU a portion of the fan base will think we have imploded.

We could win at LSU and a portion of the fan base will think we imploded.

You were hard on him based off of your neighbors comments last year. Rightfully so, but glad there is improvement this year.
I call it like I see it. I also pointed out that moment that I thought he grew up and overcame the nerves. I was the same with Geranamo. I always want them to improve Geranamo never did. Hooker has. You have to wonder what could have been if Geranamo had Hypel to guide him.

Speaking of. Did anyone notice how good Milton looked in relief vs Akron. Kinda gives me hope for the future.
I’m sure there are plenty that believe Milton can’t improve either.

Nah, his neighbors were way wrong from the get-go hahaha
He never had great personnel on offense up there. His abilities were apparent. But he has definitely exceeded everyone's expectations.
And just to think: he committed to Pruitt
SO GLAD HH STAYED AROUND
To? 😜

Reactions: GordonC
Last year in one of the game threads 😁

UT’s Hooker is marginal at best. It’s going to rain so fire is unlikely. I’d be happy if he’d improve to average

He sure gets tackled a lot in the open for a guy who is supposed to be elusive. but who knows maybe Hypel will work his magic and he’ll transform into an SEC level QB.

Who told you he was supposed to be that?

Bottom line: he is not Michael Vick. That was always his hype and expectations. Therefore, most VPI fans see him through a skewed lens. HH NEVER had the defense or ST play traditionally associated with VPI. You say your friends talk about his "choking," but he is not Vick and he was put into some Godawful situations of having to outscore opponents, which is not the way the more talented Vick had to play.

He is not a great QB. He probably will never be a great QB. He is not JG either. I was glad when we got him.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
his last year at VPI, he averaged over 5 yards a carry (over 600 total rushing yards for the year)
really, he didn't have many explosive receivers either
always thought he toted more than his share of the load (and took the lumps) in that offense

I call it like I see it. I also pointed out that moment that I thought he grew up and overcame the nerves. I was the same with Geranamo. I always want them to improve Geranamo never did. Hooker has. You have to wonder what could have been if Geranamo had Hypel to guide him.

Speaking of. Did anyone notice how good Milton looked in relief vs Akron. Kinda gives me hope for the future.
I’m sure there are plenty that believe Milton can’t improve either.
Milty was droppin dimes.

I ran one of this simulators and we had better odds of beating Bama than LSU and UGA. Would love to see us pickup one of those 3 and would relish if it was Bama. Problem is if we lose to LSU a portion of the fan base will think we have imploded.
We could win at LSU and a portion of the fan base will think we imploded.
A potion of the fan base believes this every single Saturday, even in April.

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back