The Official Fall World Series Orange vs White Series Thread (Thursday 4:30PM) (Friday 4:30PM) (Sunday 4:30PM)

By far not Kirby’s best outing. He always struggles in fall because they see him so much. He pitched best against projected starters. Evans and Sechrist looked good. Fielding is behind last year But end of a long fall so hard to tell on any of it. Fall World Series normally lack enthusiasm. First time I’ve seen live so I will wait until spring to make total judgment.
Thanks for the updates

Why is it called Orange vs White when one team wore gray?

Weather was getting colder as the game went on. Sunday could feel like February baseball.

The first extra inning started with a runner on second. When it was still tied the next inning, they started with bases loaded. It was fun watching the guys all huddle up trying to figure out (I think) who should be the fastest base runners.

Guys were genuinely happy for Charlie Taylor hitting the walk off.

I was at the game Friday, and yes, Charlie's walk off grand slam was fantastic. A memory he will always have, as well as I. It was quite the moment.

My big (and only) take away from Friday night was 6'8", 235 lbs, RHP, Freshman, Hunter Sloop. I think he went 3 innings. His fastball did hit 97 mph. He went 3 innings if I can recall. His first inning he struck out the side including Maui on a FB, FB, Off speed. This kid dominated the batters. He did get tagged for 3 runs and in the next inning so he is human.

But wow! Mark my words, in the long run, this kid will be a dominate force and will get drafted down the road. Sure he may have Tommy John, but that's only a bump in the road. (i.e., Ben Joyce) BTW, I'm reading Joyce is headed to the Angels MLB Spring Training and the Angels bull pen is a reality for him at some point in 2023.

Last edited:
I was at the game Friday, and yes, Charlie's walk off grand slam was fantastic. A memory he will always have.

My big (and only) take away from Friday night was 6'8", 235 lbs, RHP, Freshman, Hunter Sloop. I think he went 3 innings. His fastball did hit 97 mph. He went 3 innings if I can recall. His frist inning he struck out the side including Maui on a FB, FB, Off speed. He did get tagged for 3 runs and in the next inning so he is human.

But wow! Mark my words, in the long run, this kid will be a dominate force and will get drafted down the road. Sure he may have Tommy John, but that's only a bump in the road. (i.e., Ben Joyce) BTW, I'm reading Joyce is headed to the Angels MLB Spring Training and the Angels bull pen is a reality for him at some point in 2023.
Did Garcia pitch the three innings before Sloop? Garcia’s first two innings were four strikeouts and two groundouts to first. He gave up some earned runs in his third inning. We had trouble hearing things because of the PA system being too loud, and I do not know the new guys, so I might have missed things.

VN Store

Back