THE OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2020/21 (WORSE, SLOWER, MORE MASKS, LESS FANS, LESS W’s)

I moved to the Durham area at the same time you did and we are the same age. And you are right when I think back. Duke was actually looked at as an underdog or an up and comer. Winning it all back to back changed that instantly. I thought Bobby Hurley was the man.
Bobby Hurley is one of my all time favorites .

Reactions: DWright39
That seems presumptuous. They've swung and missed before (Matt Doherty) but got on track afterwards.

Maybe. But this feels different. No HC experience, and suddenly you're running a Blue Blood. Really? I know Davis is UNC to the core, and knows the program, but sitting in the big chair is a LOT different. Better if you cut your teeth HC at a lower tier school, make your mistakes, then come to the big boy table older and wiser. See Jeremy Pruitt.

Well now I’m curious
Heard he committed to Hubert late Sunday night after a long phone call, woke up the next day and announced he was going to play for Auburn. You don’t leave UNC basketball for Auburn basketball. You leave UNC football for Auburn football.

Reactions: Regulator
Heard he committed to Hubert late Sunday night after a long phone call, woke up the next day and announced he was going to play for Auburn. You don’t leave UNC basketball for Auburn basketball. You leave UNC football for Auburn football.
That’s weird

Matthew Hurt=Gone. Maybe a first round pick. Probably not.

I’m with Huckleberry. I’m out. College basketball sucks.

You didn’t expect that one?
I did . That’s the sad part. He’s not even a first round guy. I understand leaving for a lottery pick or a decent first round placement , but I do not understand leaving a big time school to play for the Sioux Falls Slapdicks at 2 pm on a Tuesday .

I did . That’s the sad part. He’s not even a first round guy. I understand leaving for a lottery pick or a decent first round placement , but I do not understand leaving a big time school to play for the Sioux Falls Slapdicks at 2 pm on a Tuesday .
Same with Sharpe. Most predictions have him as a second rounder. Why go?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Long time assistant Steve Robinson will not return to Carolina nor will DOR Kendal Marshall.

Enter: Sean May, Brad Frederick, and Jeff Lebo.

An interesting move for a first time coach, IMO.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back