THE OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2020/21 (WORSE, SLOWER, MORE MASKS, LESS FANS, LESS W’s)

This is unacceptable. Hope nothing is wrong @RDU VOL#14
I know I know. I’m Sorry. Life is a bit chaotic right now. New house, new baby, newish job. I’ll create thread very soon . I was late starting last year too.

I’m excited about tonight and the season. I’ve heard very good things about this team. Championship kind of things. We’ll see how it goes tonight. I’d love to see us beat them in football and then Duke beat them tonight. That’s like UK’s worst nightmare of a sports week. I might even @ Matt Jones on twitter if that happens. Haha.

Also an anecdote:

We splurged for floor seats bc K’s last season and they were $180 anyway, which isn’t bad for 2 games. We were in row 16 behind the UK basket in the second half.

My friend ends up in row 4 and says there’s empty seats around him, and invites us up.

2 of us end up in a row with 4 empty seats, and then a middle-aged couple of UK fans. Apparently they’re all her seats and her friends left already. She jokes about how she’s a UK fan so we can’t root too hard for Duke in her seats. All in good fun.

UK gets a couple baskets and some momentum, UK fans are cheering and she starts kicking my friend’s leg and talking trash to him. I didn’t know about the kicking and the rest, sure, friendly opposing fan banter.

Then Mark Williams blocks a shot and I jump out of my seat. 100% towards the court, not even a glance in her direction, I’m just excited.

Then a Banchero and-1, and I jump up again and fist pump because again, huge play.

The UK lady walks across the empty seats, behind me to the seat where I was, and sits down, essentially claiming the entire row. She says “these are our seats, you have to leave now.”

OK, I kinda didn’t believe she’d be serious about this since I’d never do this, but sure. And THEN she alerts the security guards to tell them to check the tickets of me and my friend bc we’re in the wrong seats. She wants us to get kicked out of the entire section, I guess.

My friend has tickets in row 4, so we’re fine, we just move back a row or two. But I’m incredulous and honestly pretty satisfied that this Karen Kentucky fan was very aggressively dishing it out, but got triggered and called security over us cheering for our own team, not directed at her.

Adding to it, that couple left with about 2:20 left, down 9. The game was far from over. As they pass me her husband says, “please forgive her” or something like that.

UK fans are too much

Last edited:
Also an anecdote:

We splurged for floor seats bc K’s last season and they were $180 anyway, which isn’t bad for 2 games. We were in row 16 behind the UK basket in the second half.

My friend ends up in row 4 and says there’s empty seats around him, and invites us up.

2 of us end up in a row with 4 empty seats, and then a middle-aged couple of UK fans. Apparently they’re all her seats and her friends left already. She jokes about how she’s a UK fan so we can’t root too hard for Duke in her seats. All in good fun.

UK gets a couple baskets and some momentum, UK fans are cheering and she starts kicking my friend’s leg and talking trash to him. I didn’t know about the kicking and the rest, sure, friendly opposing fan banter.

Then Mark Williams blocks a shot and I jump out of my seat. 100% towards the court, not even a glance in her direction, I’m just excited.

Then a Banchero and-1, and I jump up again and fist pump because again, huge play.

The UK lady walks across the empty seats, behind me to the seat where I was, and sits down, essentially claiming the entire row. She says “these are our seats, you have to leave now.”

OK, I kinda didn’t believe she’d be serious about this since I’d never do this, but sure. And THEN she alerts the security guards to tell them to check the tickets of me and my friend bc we’re in the wrong seats. She wants us to get kicked out of the entire section, I guess.

My friend has tickets in row 4, so we’re fine, we just move back a row or two. But I’m incredulous and honestly pretty satisfied that this Karen Kentucky fan was very aggressively dishing it out, but got triggered and called security over us cheering for our own team, not directed at her.

Adding to it, that couple left with about 2:20 left, down 9. The game was far from over. As they pass me her husband says, “please forgive her” or something like that.

UK fans are too much
That’s a great story. You should’ve dropped the hammer on her too and been like “our tickets say they are for seats 45 and 42. Oh wait that was the score Saturday night…never mind.”

Keels is a freak for being 18 years old. He’s bigger than every one of our wideouts .

Reactions: NashVol11
Also an anecdote:

UK fans are too much
Nice, and funny, story. I just hate that one team had to win. 😜

Except for a 6-8 minute stretch in the second half last night, the only thing worse than our offense was our putrid defense. There could be some ugly games this year if that’s representative of what we will see throughout the year.

Also, I’d like to know who Garcia’s got pictures of…he doesn’t belong anywhere near the court, much less at the number of minutes he gets. His out-of-control spinning, one-handed jumper was probably not the best choice for “go-to move”.

OK, I think I’m alright now.

VN Store

Back