The Official Duke/UNC 2018/19 Basketball Thread!!!

I don’t feel like Duke deserves the #1 overall, but after this week, no one deserves it over them. There’s a bunch of really good teams this year. No great ones.

Who else deserves it? UNC has no shame in losing to Duke in the ACCT, but you can’t give it to them. UT could have staked their claim to #1 overall, but they sh!t the bed today against Auburn. They still have a better claim than Kentucky. Gonzaga? Maybe, but can we say they’re truly worthy of #1 overall? They may not even get a 1 seed at all.

Thanks to Tennessee today, I think Gonzaga locked up a one seed. I don’t even think Tennessee winning would’ve bumped them. I don’t think there’s any choice but to give the ACC the other three regardless of whether or not MSU comes back to beat Michigan.

Whatever else happens, don’t be surprised when UNC and Kansas wind up in the same bracket playing a game on the second weekend in a location much closer to Manhattan, Kansas than Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I don’t feel like Duke deserves the #1 overall, but after this week, no one deserves it over them. There’s a bunch of really good teams this year. No great ones.

Duke is 3-2 versus UNC and UVA.
UVA is 1-2
UNC 2-2

Duke and UNC both beat FSU pretty good. Duke won in Tally also.

UVA should not be rewarded and get the opportunity to play in D.C.

Whatever else happens, don’t be surprised when UNC and Kansas wind up in the same bracket playing a game on the second weekend in a location much closer to Manhattan, Kansas than Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

UNC beat Duke twice and took ‘em to the brink with Zion.

My feelings for Roy aside, I think UNC crushes Kansas regardless of venue.

UNC beat Duke twice and took ‘em to the brink with Zion.

My feelings for Roy aside, I think UNC crushes Kansas regardless of venue.
I’m not worried about Kansas this season, or the venue. They just seem to wind up in the same bracket, in a location more hospitable to Kansas, more often than one would think.

They have as good a chance to go cold from the outside and get bounced early as they do to make the Final Four.

Cam Reddish, Jack White and Duke’s other so-called shooters better step their game up.
From what I've seen on the Brackets I think Duke beats Michigan State in the Elite 8 and plays FSU in the Final 4. I think Duke and Tennessee will play in the National Championship Game.

From what I've seen on the Brackets I think Duke beats Michigan State in the Elite 8 and plays FSU in the Final 4. I think Duke and Tennessee will play in the National Championship Game.
I really don't see Tennessee in the national championship game. I do like being in the same region as Virginia; I think that's a good matchup for us, but the single biggest reason I don't see us in the title game (or even the Final Four) is Barnes, and it really pains me to say that. Yes, flame away. However, you cannot deny that deep tournament runs are the exception with Rick and not a regular occurrence.

Rick has made the NCAAT 17 times between his stints at Texas and Tennessee. He's gotten bounced before the Sweet Sixteen 12 times (71% of the time). Now admittedly some of those years he hasn't had a great team that had hopes of making a run. However, it happened way too often with teams that finished 2nd or 3rd in Big 12 play and only had 3-4 conference losses.

Has Duke ever been in trouble at all? Putting them in the same breath as UNC, who got away with murder, is kinda ridiculous.

Duke is by far the most successful hoops program of the past 30 years. They don't need to pay guys like Zion, or cheat. They don't sign troublemakers and Zion's lifetime earnings are increased substantially by all that is happening his one year at Duke.

Has Duke ever been in trouble at all? Putting them in the same breath as UNC, who got away with murder, is kinda ridiculous.

Duke is by far the most successful hoops program of the past 30 years. They don't need to pay guys like Zion, or cheat. They don't sign troublemakers and Zion's lifetime earnings are increased substantially by all that is happening his one year at Duke.
there are conspiracies every year.

Off the top of my head I only know of Maggette for actual incidents.

Duke should never be mentioned in the same breath as UNC, Bama or Kentucky.

Duke does it the right way, which shouldn’t piss people off, but for whatever reason it does.

Not to stir any pots but a lot of “good people” swear Saban does it the right way. Just because you haven’t been accused Doesent mean you don’t do it.

I firmly believe everyone cheats. It’s just how far your willing to go.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Not to stir any pots but a lot of “good people” swear Saban does it the right way. Just because you haven’t been accused Doesent mean you don’t do it.

I firmly believe everyone cheats. It’s just how far your willing to go.

I’m not talking about Saban, I’m talking about Alabama’s past transgressions with NCAA violations (see also UK and UNC), something that hasn’t happened at Duke.

VN Store

Back