The Official Duke/UNC 2018/19 Basketball Thread!!!

So tough for everyone involved. Boeheim’s press conference was so tough. Even K’s comments were tough. K usually never struggles for words like that. Not coaching last night would’ve been just as awkward though. I think. Tough to find any positive resolution.

I thought so too. I don’t think there is any playbook or right answers in that situation.
I couldn't quite figure out the calls from some corners for him to not coach Saturday night. By all accounts, it appeared to be a tragic accident. It wasn't like he was, or is suspected of being, negligent, drunk, did it intentionally, etc. Maybe coaching helped get his mind off of it, however briefly.

Is it just because since he's a public figure some found it to be in bad taste? If he were a high school basketball coach would someone suggest he not coach for a while? Or if he was an accountant, would his employer tell him not to show up to work for a while?

I couldn't quite figure out the calls from some corners for him to not coach Saturday night. By all accounts, it appeared to be a tragic accident. It wasn't like he was, or is suspected of being, negligent, drunk, did it intentionally, etc. Maybe coaching helped get his mind off of it, however briefly.

Is it just because since he's a public figure some found it to be in bad taste? If he were a high school basketball coach would someone suggest he not coach for a while? Or if he was an accountant, would his employer tell him not to show up to work for a while?
My guess is because we don't have a social norm for what to do after something as awful as this. So the default is to just hunker down, and see what the public reaction is, and deal with any weirdness at that point. I think that's what I would do, as opposed to carrying on business as normal.

I don't think it's because people think that there is some sort of guilty action from which he needs to lie low. JMO etc

I see you Jack White.

3 for 3 from the field, 0-0 from the free throw line, 9 points.

I’ll let y’all do that math.

A lot of former player turned analysts go overboard to not seem like a homer. Jason Williams takes it to a different galaxy

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The Danny Manning joke on the turnover was one of the funniest in game comments ever.

looked like a foul on the WF last 3 pt shot -- same was called on Admiral at LSU - Duke lucked out big time iirc

On the last one? Duke didn't even touch the guy and he airballed on his own. Right before that Duke got called for a charge while WF defender was still moving. Can't just zero in on one call. Sure Duke got lucky to win the game, but it had nothing to do with that missed three.

26 point favorites and win by 1 versus an 11-18 team. I’ll take the win, but that was embarrassing

It was, shouldn't even been a game like that.

VN Store

Back