The Official Duke/UNC 2018/19 Basketball Thread!!!

UK and UNC lose and now tonight. Unreal last 30 hours of basketball. Now the Vols take care of business tomorrow and get ready for Rupp.

Reactions: 508mikey
My buddy in the AD says the list of high profile people coming to the game tomorrow is pretty crazy. Obama is supposed to be there, General Dempsey and another current member of the Joint Chiefs.

$10,000 a ticket? come on......

Yeah that’s absurd. People are saying the Zion effect, but come on. I’m still keeping fingers crossed that I can go. Very, very unlikely. I still have an outside shot though. I’m talking to everyone I know over there and they are laughing in my face.

Reactions: peaygolf
Yeah that’s absurd. People are saying the Zion effect, but come on. I’m still keeping fingers crossed that I can go. Very, very unlikely. I still have an outside shot though. I’m talking to everyone I know over there and they are laughing in my face.
I think ESPN was getting a little carried away in generating some hype from this game (shocker). The get-in price for tonight's game is supposedly $2500, only $150 less than the Super Bowl.

The get-in price for the UNC/Duke game at Cameron last year was about $2480. Supply and demand. Cameron seats 9,314 and the entire floor level is reserved for students. So something like ~7700 "regular" seats are available. And we're talking Duke University...there are a lot of people with a lot of money who are willing to pay a lot of money for those tickets.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I think ESPN was getting a little carried away in generating some hype from this game (shocker). The get-in price for tonight's game is supposedly $2500, only $150 less than the Super Bowl.

The get-in price for the UNC/Duke game at Cameron last year was about $2480. Supply and demand. Cameron seats 9,314 and the entire floor level is reserved for students. So something like ~7700 "regular" seats are available. And we're talking Duke University...there are a lot of people with a lot of money who are willing to pay a lot of money for those tickets.
Id like to see UT do that with the TBA floor level -- thats what seems to be missing at home games to fire up the players more, of course jmo

Id like to see UT do that with the TBA floor level -- thats what seems to be missing at home games to fire up the players more, of course jmo

I suggested this when we changed the seats from orange to black... Tennessee is more about making money off season tix and boosters than having a hype arena. We probably have one of the worst hype men in sports

VN Store

Back