The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

Piston fans, who would you rather play in the finlas?
Warriors or Spurs?

It's the one thing SVG should have done in the Tobias trade. Get CJ Watson as the backup. Blake is terribad

I'm going to use "terribad" to describe how bad we've been for the last few years. And we're likely to remain that bad under the current management.

Some Pistons thoughts since I haven't posted in six months:

1) Stan Van Gundy is a damn genius. He should be in consideration for GM of the year last year or this year. One lottery pick in three drafts and he turned a 30 win team into a 50 win team. Yeah having Drummond helps but he got Harris and Morris for nothing, Reggie Jackson for two bench players and I loved the Ish Smith signing.

2) What I don't understand is why we gave Jon Leuer so much money after signing Henry Ellenson. Like I don't mind Leuer but that contract is ridiculous. Just play Morris at the 4 and go with more Stanimal/Bullock at the 3.

3) Speaking of Ellenson, I didn't mind that draft pick and he looks decent. Plus with Harris/Morris/Leuer you don't have to rush him at all.

4) KCP is going to be really interesting to watch. He had a really strong second half of the year. Great defender. But he's a below average shooter. At some point, if you can, you got to improve that spot if it means better shooting. Plus he wants a huge contract. Going to be a tough one for SVG.

5) Ish Smith was a great signing. Can start for awhile and move the ball around while Reggie heals up. Nice to have a solid backup PG.

6) Stanley Johnson isn't going to start but he's going to be a beast coming off the bench.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh and here is my PT breakdown (when Reggie is healthy).

PG- Jackson 33/Smith 15
SG- KCP 36/Bullock 12
SF- Morris 30/Johnson 18
PF- Harris 30/Leuer 18
C- Drummond 33/Baynes 15

Reactions: 2 people
Love this guys take on the Pistons after the Knicks game.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PYEOlFWbjmc[/youtube]

4-2. Destroying teams at home. That Brooklyn loss just absolutely sucks. Would feel a lot better at 5-1 going into a big west coast stretch.

VN Store

Back