The Official Denver Broncos Thread

The Cardinals have failed with almost all their 1st round picks, but in some cases I can't blame them. I liked the Simmons pick, too. They didn't extend Reddick because he didn't produce at all in the first 3 years, and then has 12 sacks (under Joseph) his 4th year, and then he's gone. Maybe they squandered him, but the actual decision to not extend him is defensible.

However, it's hard to give them any benefit of the doubt on anything when this is their resume of 1st round picks:

View attachment 537799

And maybe worst of all is that they drafted Isabella with a 2nd round pick instead of Metcalf, who is torching them at a division rival.
The Cardinals have been absolutely atrocious in the NFL draft. I had been saying for years that they needed to fire Steve Keim.

When did the Broncos become a FCS team?
Right about the time Peyton retired. Elway may be a Hall of Fame QB, but he can't evaluate QB talent worth a damn. The only competent QB he has had was Peyton, and he had already booked his trip to the Hall of Fame before he ever went to Denver.

Reactions: loservol
Right about the time Peyton retired. Elway may be a Hall of Fame QB, but he can't evaluate QB talent worth a damn. The only competent QB he has had was Peyton, and he had already booked his trip to the Hall of Fame before he ever went to Denver.
As of April 2023, Elway had no contractual affiliation with the Denver Broncos and his official role with the club had ended

The other top picks didn’t go great either

VN Store

Back