The Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread

JR is basically a wash with Waiters. The reason I like getting rid of Waiters is he was taking 14 FGApg, and JR was taking 10 (with Knicks), but I just now checked and he's averaged 13 his short tenure with Cleveland. If he shoots less, it's a good result. Mostly, I felt like the team thought there was a future to invest in with Waiters, and that's a bad investment.

I would be surprised if J.R. isn't dealt this offseason. He can opt out, but I doubt he would.

Waiters was only taking 10.4 spg in Cleveland, almost 14 with OKC. I've actually been pleasantly surprised with his D, still not really good but better than anticipated. Though Serge and Adams help cover shortcomings in that area a lot more than Love and Thompson. I've just never been much of a JR fan. I have hope, though it may be false hope, that DW can improve in shot selection. He seems to think he's a better offensive player than he really is.

Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Rick Barry & Brandon Jennings are the only players in NBA history to score 55 points in a game before turning 23.

Serious question. Do you think JR is an upgrade over Waiters? To me they are the exact same guy.

For Love to be used correctly I think you need to get rid of Kyrie and JR, otherwise Love is strictly shooting 3's all day. If I'm him and they keep those 2, I'm out at the end of the season.

I don't understand LBJ's picks of who he wants to play with. Wade was as ball dominant as he is, so something had to give there. Now he's got Love and he doesn't mesh with the team.

Why do you think Love doesn't Mesh? He's putting up good numbers and the team is winning. May not be getting full benefit out of Love, but the team is meshing well. This is the best ball Mosgov, JR Smith, Kyrie, and Thompson have ever played. They just need to find ways to get Love more shots and they'll be fine.

The easy solution is offset his minutes from the rest of the superstars, but I know they like having him as a 3 point threat so LBJ and Kyrie can operate. Also, Love has been quietly battling back pain for a lot of the season. If this is what you get when he's injured and struggling to find himself in the offense, then watch out. If things click at playoff time, it could be over for everyone.

Last edited:
Why do you think Love doesn't Mesh? He's putting up good numbers and the team is winning. May not be getting full benefit out of Love, but the team is meshing well. This is the best ball Mosgov, JR Smith, Kyrie, and Thompson have ever played. They just need to find ways to get Love more shots and they'll be fine.

The easy solution is offset his minutes from the rest of the superstars, but I know they like having him as a 3 point threat so LBJ and Kyrie can operate. Also, Love has been quietly battling back pain for a lot of the season. If this is what you get when he's injured and struggling to find himself in the offense, then watch out. If things click at playoff time, it could be over for everyone.

Huff... I've been drunk for a week now. Not fall asleep drunk wake up sober, then get drunk in the PM. I mean, drunk almost the whole time. I haven't watched basketball since early winter. I have been talking out my ass every time I post in here.

I gotta quit doing that ish. That summer heats gonna be setting in soon and the hangovers'll kill me

Russ is winning the whole damn title this year, without KD. He'll break his leg in half in game 3 of the finals and still average 50 15 and 15

Something tells me KD would choose a different style of PG. I don't think he has any problem with Russ, but someone with more pass first tendencies is going to be preferable.

Russ and KD are staying together in OKC and winning a **** ton of rings. Presti finally built a team around them, next year baring injuries (which seems impossible for OKC) they'll win it all.

But can they stay healthy? Durant and Westbrook have missed a lot the last 2 years. Westbrook is always a risk because of the way he plays, and a foot injury can be very threatening to KD's future.

But can they stay healthy? Durant and Westbrook have missed a lot the last 2 years. Westbrook is always a risk because of the way he plays, and a foot injury can be very threatening to KD's future.

I don't think they can, unfortunely.

VN Store

Back