The Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread

Shawn Marion is the first player in NBA history with 15,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, 1,000 blocks & 500 threes!

Sounds like Blatt is under some heat. Wonder how much of their record is really his fault. You figure the team needs time to gel, plus losing Andy hurts big time. My only strong complaint about him is he's been trying to play Love at the 5 and he is no rim defender and can't take up enough space in the paint. That's just not going to work.

From Brian Windhorst at ESPN:

“There’s a growing tension … between the players and coach David Blatt. There’s been a disconnect there that has been increasing. It may be something the organization has to deal with either giving David Blatt a vote of confidence, or maybe looking at the position again … They have completely abandoned his offensive system. Lebron has taken over point guard without even consulting David Blatt.”

LeBron and David Blatt Not Getting Along, Could the Cavs Fire Him? | The Big Lead

James acknowledged recently that he did not formally request permission to assume the bulk of the Cavs’ playmaking duties, which triggered Cleveland’s eight-game winning streak earlier this month.

“No, I can do it on my own,” James said of his role change. “I’m passed those days where I have to ask.”

Report: LeBron and the Cavs are undermining head coach David Blatt | For The Win

From Joe Vardon tweet:

I asked LeBron if Blatt's the right coach for the #Cavs: "Yeah, he’s our coach, I mean, what other coach do we have?"

LeBron James on David Blatt: ‘I’m happy who we have at our helm … What other coach do we have?’ | ProBasketballTalk

I was asking for a link where Lebron "openly talks about not listening" to Blatt. I was aware of the "he's our coach" quote and maybe he is bucking the system, but I don't see anything about him "openly talking". Just curious if there is an actual quote. Doesn't sound like Lebron to me.

There were some rumblings early on with Spoelstra as well. It seems like there's more weight to the Blatt ones given that Spoelstra was hand picked by Riley.

With Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson together up front, Cleveland has been outscored by 6.4 points per 48 minutes since Varejao's injury, according to NBA.com/Stats.

Blatt benched Love for the entire 4th quarter again. For the first 3 quarters they were +9 in rebounds. In the 4th quarter they were -1.

Say Blatt is right, and it's a good move to go defensive-heavy in the 4th quarter*...why is this not a good move for the other 3 quarters? If it makes you better to go defensive, why wouldn't you do that most of the game?

It makes no sense to have a guy like Love, who can outscore the other team, and to bench him when you are behind and need to outscore the other team. MAYBE it makes sense if you need to close out a victory (but keep in mind, you're giving up rebounds).

*It didn't work this time. Nobody could stop Markieff Morris and he scored 11 in the 4th.

So stupid. They don't need another G that can't defend. What are they doing?

Love looked bad last night (health-wise). He could barely move with his back. They can't afford to lose another big.

The moves they are making are very puzzling. Go small ball, Nate, Kyrie, JR, Bron and Thompson... worst defensive team ever. If I'mLBJ I start planning my escape route.

Last edited:
Lebron won't bail, and he's looking great since his return. I think getting rid of Waiters helped a lot, and if they can find a way to fit Kevin Love in the offense, they could be dangerous.

The biggest problem with the offense is that Kyrie needs to have the ball in his hands to be happy. It doesn't make them better*. He's just as good off the ball as running the point. Love needs the ball more to be his best. He's a better passer than Kyrie. I'd like to see a lot more 2-man basketball between he and Lebron.

*on average...it makes them better when he's on fire (like last night) and it kills them when he's off (like against Phoenix).

Serious question. Do you think JR is an upgrade over Waiters? To me they are the exact same guy.

For Love to be used correctly I think you need to get rid of Kyrie and JR, otherwise Love is strictly shooting 3's all day. If I'm him and they keep those 2, I'm out at the end of the season.

VN Store

Back