The Official #9 Tennessee vs #14 LSU Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:32PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 6PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

UNC does not do it in baseball. They are not able to waive out of state but they do it with in-state. They still have to charge guys out of state tuition so it is very expensive in baseball for guys to go play at UNC who do not live there.

Arkansas and Oklahoma State will both reduce tuition to in-state to attract kids from surrounding states. Helps recruiting in states like Texas.

UNC does not do it in baseball. They are not able to waive out of state but they do it with in-state. They still have to charge guys out of state tuition so it is very expensive in baseball for guys to go play at UNC who do not live there.

Yes UNC does meet the full financial need of all students. Them and Virginia are two public schools that do it. Doesn’t have anything to do with in state or out of state it has to do with the ability of ones family to pay.

Reactions: Titan05
This is what a sweep does for you and a good road series win at GA...we could lose the next 3 series and still be over 500 as long as we take one...16 SEC wins was my goal for this team entering league play...still alot of baseball to be played but so far we are playing well

Tenn does as well for common market which is used more than you think
Isn’t that only if UT offers a degree that an in-state school doesn’t? I tried to do that when coming to UT and was going to major in something I didn’t really want to but was close enough, but the state of FL only participated in common market on the graduate level so it was a moot issue.

Ya know... the west coast teams complain all the time that they don’t get the exposure east coast teams do. Okay. But I just tuned into Oregon State at Washington off of Washington’s feed. It’s not on ESPN+, and it’s a one camera affair behind home plate. That’s on you PAC 12, you gotta be hard core to watch that mess.

Oregon St. seems legit tho.

Isn’t that only if UT offers a degree that an in-state school doesn’t? I tried to do that when coming to UT and was going to major in something I didn’t really want to but was close enough, but the state of FL only participated in common market on the graduate level so it was a moot issue.

Yea it’s only a few majors and based on the state the student is from. I forget the major most use for Tenn but if you looked at ten players majors I bet you can find it fairly easily.

Yea it’s only a few majors and based on the state the student is from. I forget the major most use for Tenn but if you looked at ten players majors I bet you can find it fairly easily.
Son is doing something like Governmental Business which is really just a Business Administration degree. Some do a business degree with mechantile in the name. Coastal Carolina recruits with the Marine Biology major because very few colleges other than them offer it.

Both of my two younger sons were offered from UNC and neither got out of state tuition waived and with 50% scholarship it was still a lot of money. I don't know what the qualification for getting the family need amount would be for UNC but we are not rich so it must be very low family income. I know they give a large scholarship if you are in-state because they jokingly suggested son move 2 miles to the north and would be in NC and would go almost for free.

I was there. Then watched the replays on ESPN app. Then watched all the highlights. Yes, I need to get help. 😂
My lost voice still hasn’t recovered from this weekend and it’s Wednesday night. I went into work Monday morning and my secretary asked why I came in sounding as sick as I did. I said I’m not sick that’s just a weekend filled with too much Jack D and too many Evan Russell HR’s. Best weekend I’ve had in LNS since some of the weekends in 2005 as a student.

I have a reasonable solution to all of it 66. I don’t blame vandy at all nor do I want their situation changed. I want other schools to have the choice to do it as well. Bring everyone up which helps a lot of people and the sport

As far as the recruiting goes I want recruits to be able to sign as soon as they commit, the NLI is voided if the head coach leaves if the player wants out, and programs to be penalized for dropping kids from their rosters. That would slow down all the BS games being played with recruits and make coaches really have to evaluate players better
Here’s where I’m at on it; is it “unfair” per se? Yes. But Corbin has been there 15+ years at this point and has 2 titles to show for it. Given the talent on paper that he’s accumulated he hasn’t cashed it in very well. His recruiting is on par with Saban in football yet his results don’t show it. We’ve seen a school like Oregon State win more titles than Vandy within Corbin’s tenure, SC win as many, TTU and UF make as many runs to Omaha as Vandy etc. Granted those last 2 have huge populations of talent to pull from but they also have intense in state competition from powerhouse programs vying for the talent. His advantage is paying off in recruiting rankings but not equally in end results.

I heard he was not happy when Gilbert slow stepped to home plate but it was a repeat of what his guy had done on Friday night with the slow stepping and then stomping the bag. The fans did ride Paul pretty good but he appealed every single thing it appeared. Ultimately, he does not think LSU should ever lose to UT so he was mad. Go Vols.

I've been to both football and baseball games on LSU campus. He's got balls calling our fans nasty. LOL

The plate ump was terribly inconsistent... but that went both ways.
Those LSU fans were beyond dumb in Atlanta in 2001 at The SEC Title Game.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back