The Official #9 Tennessee vs #14 LSU Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:32PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 6PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

Where was UT basketball at the beginning of the season and where did we end up? I don’t care about rankings, baseball is the ultimate tourney sport!
I agree, but UT getting this level of recognition and respect is..well...hard to imagine. Gotta go back to that magical team Rod put together to find something comparable. Still, a long way to go and a lot of baseball left to play. I recognize that, but I just had to stop and smell the roses after the sweep. Gonna soak it all up and enjoy it while I can.

I agree, but UT getting this level of recognition and respect is..well...hard to imagine. Gotta go back to that magical team Rod put together to find something comparable. Still, a long way to go and a lot of baseball left to play. I recognize that, but I just had to stop and smell the roses after the sweep. Gonna soak it all up and enjoy it while I can.

Absolutely I am with ya 100%, just trying not to get caught up in rankings and the like. No doubt, a big win for the program and for Coach V and the kids! It’s awesome!

Could be, but the long game is all that matters at this point. Quad 1 wins, RPI, SOS...I checked out the chat on D1 this week and Fitt straight up said he doesn’t even take into account RPI when doing the rankings but “we know the committee does when it comes to the post season.” Also said 16-14 gets us to hosting.

Just keep it up next week and then we have a bit of a stretch with UF and VU, UK and SC are no gimmies either as of now. Long way to go, but I am digging where we are after two weeks!
I really think they can take the series from 3 of those teams.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Trying to look as objectively as I can through my Orange colored glasses, I think we lose 3 series heading into the final weekend showdown with the Cocks. Vandy, A&M and Arky.

Of course, I will pick the Vols in all of those series in the pick’em contest.

17 wins is very possible.

Not losing the series to A&M, That trip to Texas last year and coming away with 3 wins against big time competition should bode well for this road trip.

Vandy and Arkansas will come down to Friday nights. I think Dallas will rise to the occasion and give us a chance to win the game against Rocker. Arkansas doesn’t have a pure Fri night guy locked down yet so same deal. We probably lose Saturday matchups but not a given. I think we have the upper hand on Sundays with Tidwell. Showed 94-98 all day today and Vitello said in the post game interview he is evolving every week and just getting comfortable in the SEC. Nobody else has that on Sunday.

Not losing the series to A&M, That trip to Texas last year and coming away with 3 wins against big time competition should bode well for this road trip.

Vandy and Arkansas will come down to Friday nights. I think Dallas will rise to the occasion and give us a chance to win the game against Rocker. Arkansas doesn’t have a pure Fri night guy locked down yet so same deal. We probably lose Saturday matchups but not a given. I think we have the upper hand on Sundays with Tidwell. Showed 94-98 all day today and Vitello said in the post game interview he is evolving every week and just getting comfortable in the SEC. Nobody else has that on Sunday.

I could see us taking the A&M series, but since it is there I chalked that one up to a series loss. Vandy will be tough, but we have beaten them when we shouldn't, so maybe. And we have Cafego on our side.

Oh, and F Vandy.

If we had 2 Hunleys I could see doing this but we can’t afford to swap those 2. Hunley is a proven commodity over several years to close out games in tight spots. Heflin is not and his stuff isn’t quite as good. I like Heflin starting between Dallas & Tidwell, just need to have more quality arms and velo available when needed out of the pen (IMO).

Very very intelligent post especially after today. Hunley sure did have more effect on the series than just one game

Very very intelligent post especially after today. Hunley sure did have more effect on the series than just one game

Some guys are just born with ‘ice water in their veins’ so to speak and Hunley is one of those guys. Seems as if the moment is never to big for this guy. He is a damn stud and what I like is he just goes about his business like a pro.

Some guys are just born with ‘ice water in their veins’ so to speak and Hunley is one of those guys. Seems as if the moment is never to big for this guy. He is a damn stud and what I like is he just goes about his business like a pro.

seems like we need another. Just sayin’.

No doubt he’s be a great constant since Day one. I generally lean toward starting pitching being the way to lean In importance but with this team I think all 3 games may end up being low scoring nail bitters. With a guy like him being able to be in 2 even three of those games I think you nailed it with your op

Reactions: drawing dead
seems like we need another. Just sayin’.

What’s bad or sad is we had 2 more and lost them to injury. Everyone knows Leath’s unfortunate injury and how great he was but we also lost the Joyce twin to Tommy John early in the fall.

Joyce was a guy that would have (IMO) come out of the pen and he would have brought a polished 97-100 mph with him for an inning. This staff was set to be unbelievably good and on it’s way to Omaha.

We can still get there but we have to have guys with a little less ‘stuff’ step up and be big for this team at different times. We also need Beck to be the hitter that Vitello and the other coaches say he is. Looks like Beck is really pressing and not relaxed in the box. Whatever the hell Russell drank to get himself going this weekend, he needs to share with his buddy.

Reactions: therealitytheory
No doubt he’s be a great constant since Day one. I generally lean toward starting pitching being the way to lean In importance but with this team I think all 3 games may end up being low scoring nail bitters. With a guy like him being able to be in 2 even three of those games I think you nailed it with your op

I like Housely, Sechrist and Mcauphlin (sp?)...they need an opportunity to prove themselves that’s all. We got a little room right now.

I like Housely, Sechrist and Mcauphlin (sp?)...they need an opportunity to prove themselves that’s all. We got a little room right now.

Vandy has shown the best way to develop the young arms.
walkerB, Kyle wright, leiter and a number of others were midweek starters are freshmen and they were allowed to get their 5-7 innings every week like they would in the minor leagues with less pressure than a SEC weekend. The Vols need to get to that depth level and May soon

VN Store

Back