The Official #8 Tennessee vs. #4 Kentucky Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, ESPN

Who else is already nervous? This is a big game today... #1 seed could be on the line. I want this one bad.

I'm not really nervous. Honestly this will sound like a loser mentality but a big part of me isn't expecting to win. And not because I don't think we can, I just think it's the UK factor is a gigantic hill to climb. It will be basically a UK home game, and pretty much every year UK turns it on in the SECT.

I think we're going to have to play our A game start to finish. And for crying out loud if we get an 8-10 point lead we can't let it evaporate immediately like we have several times this year.

Looking at the stats of the first two games something huge stands out free throws. We took 32 and they took 62 that has to change we have to keep them off the line they had 30 more attempts and even in the game we won got to the line more than we did. We took 47 threes to their 32 think we need to cut that down and drive the ball. One thing for certain to win today we have to keep them off the free throw line and rebound better they have a 78 to 62 lead in the two game played and even won in Knoxville 39 to 36. If we keep it close like we did in Knoxville on the boards and win the free throw line were winning today. The big stat in the last game was that they only attempts 44 shots to our 62 if we force turnovers like that again other stats surely want matter as much if were shooting the same percentage as they are.
There isn’t anything we can do about that. Kentucky has always and will always get the better whistle. If I had a million dollars I would bet it all on them shooting more free throws than us this game, and probably by a good margin. That’s why Kentucky is always such a hard out, you have to be about 10 to 12 points better than them to set yourself up for a chance to win because of the refs.

Reactions: Volfan2012
If the refs are like last night it definitely favors UK because they constantly shoved our guys the first game. Gonna be a tough game but I have faith in our guys

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I am a little nervous, but our team sure isn’t playing nervous. They were really relaxed, but sold out last night. Can’t wait for this game to get over now and get on with the BIG one. Go Vols!!!!!!! #BeatKentucky.

Reactions: HighWaterVol
Seeing some orange on the TV there today in the stands. That looks good. Here’s hoping that our guys are ready and HOT today. Hoping Boner can get to the BoneZone. Grant and Admiral both playing lights out. Kyle and Turner and Bowden, Fulkie all working hard and playing smart so we can whip these Cats today. EVeryone play HARD! Go Vols!!

Last edited:
Reactions: malinoisvol
I am a little nervous, but our team sure isn’t playing nervous. They were really relaxed, but sold out last night. Can’t wait for this game to get over now and get on with the BIG one. Go Vols!!!!!!! #BeatKentucky.
My BVS is kicking in again. Please guys, please cure me of this disease!!! I don’t feel good at all about the game today. I hope the guys in orange prove my feelings wrong!!!! Go Vols!

Just saw our boys on the UF/ Aub game on the tv. They look cool and calm and collected. Let’s Go Vols!

VN Store

Back