The Official #8 Tennessee vs. #22 Auburn SEC Tournament Championship Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

ACC player of year wins championship game and shows out every game
Mich st same
Tenn two candidates big game FLOP
That’s why Zion gets POY over Grant for people that complained during year even with missed time

There's no culture of success within the TN athletic program, so when they have a significant win like yesterday, they are so unaccustomed to the catharsis that the emotional exertion becomes physical. See 2015-2016 football results.

Reactions: vol1981
There's no culture of success within the TN athletic program, so when they have a significant win like yesterday, they are so unaccustomed to the catharsis that the emotional exertion becomes physical. See 2015-2016 football results.

I just think the physical play against UK and the emotional comeback drained them. Auburn played UF, who is not physical, and UF played slow ball rather than get into a running game with the Tigers, so Auburn was not as worn out as I was hoping they might be.

Tn vs Cincinatti in Ohio in 2nd round .. wow.. thanks .... not only not get a,1 seed but play probably a team that should have been a 5 seed in their home state .. defiantly no favors from selection committee

Reactions: 1985Vols
Post of the day. I was @ the game today and very disappointed in the outcome, but it’s been a great season with more to come! Auburn just played well and showed more athleticism. Plus they are able to go ten deep. Our bench is hurting us and could be our Achilles heel going forward. Plus Lamonte struggles at point guard w lack of ball control.
[/QUOTE]
This team should and will be judged on how far they get in the big dance. Anything short of an Elite 8 will be a huge disappointment in my opinion. To be considered " the greatest TN team of al time" will require a Final 4 appearance. So far , no titles. Other than 4 weeks at #1 and the 19 games win streak, they really haven't accomplished anything and college basketball is a tournament sport.

As a 25 year Chicago Cubs fan on the night before game 7 of the 2016 World Series when I said my prayer I said "Lord if you'll let me win this one you never have to let me win another one again".

The Lord let me win that one so I can never complain about a loss.

If we're gonna lose we lost to the man I'd want it to be to.

Make it to the Final 4 and this game will be totally forgotten.

Win a national title and we'll look back at this game and say it was good for us and motivated us.

I wouldnt put it past this group.

Tn vs Cincinatti in Ohio in 2nd round .. wow.. thanks .... not only not get a,1 seed but play probably a team that should have been a 5 seed in their home state .. defiantly no favors from selection committee

Take care of Auburn and win the regular season then repeat that and win the SECT and we're a #1 seed and not having this discussion. This team played its way to it's position in the tournament. Easy to blame the committee yet ignore the performance of this team over the last couple of weeks. They got what they earned.

Reactions: CJBlaze
That has nothing to do with how fluky the 3 point shooting was today.

Last 5 games...they shot 37.5% against us today, 44.8% against UF, 38.2% vs USC, 35.3% vs Missouri, against UT in regular season finale 38.2%.

Don't know about your definition of "fluke", but they seem to be pretty damned consistent to me.

Last 5 games...they shot 37.5% against us today, 44.8% against UF, 38.2% vs USC, 35.3% vs Missouri, against UT in regular season finale 38.2%.

Don't know about your definition of "fluke", but they seem to be pretty damned consistent to me.

Unless I read wrong, Brown hit 18 threes by himself. I think that’s more on the end of the fluke.

Yep. This program doesn't know how to handle situations like this. Teams like Duke...it's part of their culture. It's expected. They HAVE been there before. Class after class knows what it's like and what it takes. It's almost as if we are blinded by the spotlight. Still an enjoyable season, but we just aren't at that level. Doubt we ever will be. Just gonna enjoy 2 wins vs UK this year, hope the baseball team makes hoover and football gets to a bowl.

This right here is why I wanted so badly not to even play Auburn today; because this is crap is parroted.
So you're saying that Auburn wasnt mentally and physically more prepared to play than UT? Who's job is it to have the team prepared, in every way, to play FOR A CHAMPIOSHIP? Good grief. Barnes is a good coach. He FLOPPED yesterday. End of story.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

VN Store

Back