The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Alabama Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Fulkerson. Last year he turned into a-mostly-unstoppable force in SEC play. Its like, now that we have guards who can get buckets, we don’t try to go inside everytime for Fulkerson.
If Fulky is our alpha dog on offense then we will not make it past the Sweet 16.

Reactions: jarnol32
If Fulky is our alpha dog on offense then we will not make it past the Sweet 16.

Doesn’t need to be the “go-to” guy per se. But he needs to consistently give us 10+ points and the ability to have an inside presence. Doesn’t have to score but at least touch the ball. It opens up the floor and provides some lanes for Springer and Johnson. Fulkerson was unbelievable at Rupp last year, so he has the ability.

Bad night shooting. I always thought getting a bad game out of the way early for a team would help them regroup.

Hated to see our two game winning streak over them halted hopefully we win the next five or 6 looks like we should.

Anyone that believes this doesn’t know the game. He is a below average shooter. He has below average assists for a PG. He has zero ability to create his own shot or create easy baskets for his teammates. I suppose when you’re on the bottom there’s no way to go but up.

Your take is incredibly bad. Especially regarding Vescovi's shooting and passing ability. He makes great passes when guys cut to the basket and help him out. Also has had some sweet ball fake floaters.

Sad that you are so quick to write off a guy that's been here less than a year. Your "below average shooter" comment is absolutely laughable.

Your take is incredibly bad. Especially regarding Vescovi's shooting and passing ability. He makes great passes when guys cut to the basket and help him out. Also has had some sweet ball fake floaters.

Sad that you are so quick to write off a guy that's been here less than a year. Your "below average shooter" comment is absolutely laughable.

He averages less than 10 points per game, 3.5 assists, and 1.5 turnovers. Lol

I’m happy to get that type production from every first year player we get. Your expectations are unrealistic if you’re using those numbers to say he’s a weak player IMO

What do you expect from him on a team with so many options? He is a SG playing PG.

Multiple guys averaging 10-15 pts is what we want. How bout a response on his 3pt % and overall shooting %. Don't know what your problem with him is but he is a good, young player with some really good skills and some athletic limitations. And our PG is never going to have a ton of assists with how much we swing the ball around. 1.5 turnovers is fantastic!

You jealous of the hair, man?

Reactions: Cherokee Orange
Anyone that believes this doesn’t know the game. He is a below average shooter. He has below average assists for a PG. He has zero ability to create his own shot or create easy baskets for his teammates. I suppose when you’re on the bottom there’s no way to go but up.

Tied for 6th in the SEC in assists at 30
10th in the SEC in 3pt % at 43.9% (6th in 3pt made)
100% from the free throw line
42.1% FG which would be 13th best in the SEC right now

You're literally wrong on every single point you made.

Tied for 6th in the SEC in assists at 30
10th in the SEC in 3pt % at 43.9% (6th in 3pt made)
100% from the free throw line
42.1% FG which would be 13th best in the SEC right now

You're literally wrong on every single point you made.

He’s shot maybe 10 free throws max all year lol. You’re just trying to put lipstick on a pig without looking at the actual numbers with the other stuff.

He’s shot maybe 10 free throws max all year lol. You’re just trying to put lipstick on a pig without looking at the actual numbers with the other stuff.

I looked at all the numbers, something you clearly don't do. Even against Bama he -was- the offense, hit 3 of the 4 three-pointers we had total as a team and was 37.5% from behind the arc. He's statistically one of our best shooters, and despite still not having even played a full 30 games in his career to boot.

I looked at all the numbers, something you clearly don't do. Even against Bama he -was- the offense, hit 3 of the 4 three-pointers we had total as a team and was 37.5% from behind the arc. He's statistically one of our best shooters, and despite still not having even played a full 30 games in his career to boot.

Lol. He was 3-8 in 3 pointers and 5-15 overall. Again your sugar coating doesn’t change reality.

He was not good against Bama, and maybe the OP is looking at a very narrow window, but he is the best shooter on the team in all games combined. He’s not strong with the ball under pressure, but most of us can see that.

Vescovi is an important part of the 7 man rotation on what could end up being TN’s best team ever. I don’t get the trolling over anybody on the roster. Even the guys getting the fewest minutes in the rotation are important members of the team.

Thankfully Coach Barnes doesn’t share your opinion and realized that SV was worthy of a scholarship. SV is an important piece to this team.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Vescovi is an important part of the 7 man rotation on what could end up being TN’s best team ever. I don’t get the trolling over anybody on the roster. Even the guys getting the fewest minutes in the rotation are important members of the team.
I think the people trolling are the ones who watch a game or two and base their “analysis” on those games. They give opinions based on their impressions, not upon statistical facts. Also, for those of us who have played the game, coached the game, and followed the game, it drives us (we) crazy. I think opinions are important, but some opinions have more weight than others.

His shooting efficiency on Sport-Reference is first among all Vols. He has some negatives, but “below average shooter” is preposterous. Maybe engage in some research before making statements that make you look bad.

Another attempt at sugar coating. He went scoreless against Tennessee Tech. He averages less than 10 points per game. He doesn’t do anything well. He’s at best average or better yet below average.

Another attempt at sugar coating. He went scoreless against Tennessee Tech. He averages less than 10 points per game. He doesn’t do anything well. He’s at best average or better yet below average.
You keep talking and it becomes more obvious. So, Vescovi holds zero value to this team?

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back