The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Alabama Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Vols cover the spread here. Alabama is what you call a streaky team. If the 3 is falling, they can be a tough out. If it’s not falling, they’re in trouble. Their defense isn’t all that much so if the Vols can defend the 3 ball enough, I see a double digit win. Ready to see Fulky get back into the groove.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Vols cover the spread here. Alabama is what you call a streaky team. If the 3 is falling, they can be a tough out. If it’s not falling, they’re in trouble. Their defense isn’t all that much so if the Vols can defend the 3 ball enough, I see a double digit win. Ready to see Fulky get back into the groove.
Texas getting the three to fall doomed Kansas today. Checked that box score. Texas has plenty of room to improve in other areas also. Assists on shots and turnovers to name just two.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Gonna go Vols 74-59 today. Bama hasn't defended that well all season nor are that particularly good at their offensive strength, which is the 3. They may get hot/lucky but odds are we methodically destroy them and win handily.

Yeah im really interested to see our defense against this brand of basketball. We haven’t faced anything like this yet, it’s a completely different look.

They average 32 3-Point attempts per game. If they make just 35% of those it keeps them in this game. Hopefully we are prepared.

Yeah im really interested to see our defense against this brand of basketball. We haven’t faced anything like this yet, it’s a completely different look.

They average 32 3-Point attempts per game. If they make just 35% of those it keeps them in this game. Hopefully we are prepared.
St. Joe's checks in at 30 3-pointers per game. We did okay there. We really need to be able to defend it as we've got Aubie, Arky and Vandy all shooting 28 pg or better.

I remember that one time, when John Petty and Jon Higgins went toe to toe, what a game!
GBO!!

St. Joe's checks in at 30 3-pointers per game. We did okay there. We really need to be able to defend it as we've got Aubie, Arky and Vandy all shooting 28 pg or better.

Alabama is better than St. Joe’s. So it’s not an apples to apples comparison, IMO. I think we should be okay but teams like this are hard to play against because if they’re on fire one night and shots are falling it’s hard to beat that.

Just look at that one team, forget their name, who we played right before Christmas that was winless but hit 10 threes and shot 54%. They kept it closer than expected.

They hit 30.3% and we defend at 28%. They will definitely have to play out their butts to win.

Ok.... hoping we play Tough and win confidently! Need this to hold my own with the Bama goobers surrounding me here in Mccalla!

Go Big Orange!

Alabama is better than St. Joe’s. So it’s not an apples to apples comparison, IMO. I think we should be okay but teams like this are hard to play against because if they’re on fire one night and shots are falling it’s hard to beat that.

Just look at that one team, forget their name, who we played right before Christmas that was winless but hit 10 threes and shot 54%. They kept it closer than expected.
SC Upstate shot 9-18 from the arc. They seemed to have committed to the three early. Very Rockets like in execution but certainly not the volume.

ebd883f2808d55fdbafb730dcbccc2c4.jpg

I expect this to be a close game, I’m in the minority here. I think this is the game where our older guys are really gonna have to lead by example and keep the younger guys engaged.

VN Store

Back