The Official #7 Tennessee @ #12 Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

We will win that one as well dude. We have good ball movement on offense. The best of defense ranks high in the Nation. The best bench ever at UT. You want more? We got bigs that will throw your junk out! We got freshman off the bench can play at the next level already. Im pumped up for our Vols yall! We have the best team I've ever watched. I can go way back the Erie and Bernie show. Now you have it. The best team UT has ever had is playing now with Tons of Talent! Yvon Pons lead the way of this conversation. I talk he leads the way and talks the Big things will happen with this team. He is a leader and guiding these young guys we have. Dang im pumped up for our team yall. Go Vols!

I’m pumped too but Kansas is on a whole other level offensively than Mizzou. We need a team that’s going to test us and push us. I’d like to see how this team plays from behind and how Keon and Springer play against a very talented team like KU. After this year in football, watching this team is a total breath of fresh air.

I wouldn't worry as this is not Pruitt football, so it is not likely you will need to drink as much in the first half. Hence, you will likely stay awake for the 2nd half and if all goes well have a Victory Beer when it's over which will cause you get up at 2AM. Sort of like an "upper".
Also, if things don't go so well in the first half, you can make a halftime adjustment* and drink more beer. Result is same, you will get up at 2AM.

* halftime adjustments are approved and encouraged for Vol B Ball.
as game turned into cuonzoball, i fell victim to boredom and the unclean notion that watching gaters being eaten alive might be more enjoyable than watching zebras blow whistles ( 48 PF in a mere 40m)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We will win that one as well dude. We have good ball movement on offense. The best of defense ranks high in the Nation. The best bench ever at UT. You want more? We got bigs that will throw your junk out! We got freshman off the bench can play at the next level already. Im pumped up for our Vols yall! We have the best team I've ever watched. I can go way back the Erie and Bernie show. Now you have it. The best team UT has ever had is playing now with Tons of Talent! Yvon Pons lead the way of this conversation. I talk he leads the way and talks the Big things will happen with this team. He is a leader and guiding these young guys we have. Dang im pumped up for our team yall. Go Vols!
Thanks alot yall im pumped! Thank yall for the likes. Dang Dudes my boy Yvon Pons doing on the court. We going to praise his game after the fact. The dude is Bad Yall! I loved is interview tonight. I hope you guys didn't miss it. My boy im so proud of. Plus all the other guys as well man. I gotta give it up for Bailey, Johnson, Springer, I cant forget my boy Fulky! Love all my Vols Man. Dam im pumped and UNDEAFEATED BABY!

Hey all Volnation I hope yall are seeing and hearing this on TV. Im still up and they saying from the top SEC Network guys. We the best in the SEC and could very win the National Championship! Im in all the way. Dam im pumped on New Years Eve Eve! I may not sleep tonight. Im pumped! Let's go baby! Im ready to make that run. You gotta want it to Win it and WE WAN IT BAD!!!!

Hey all Volnation I hope yall are seeing and hearing this on TV. Im still up and they saying from the top SEC Network guys. We the best in the SEC and could very win the National Championship! Im in all the way. Dam im pumped on New Years Eve Eve! I may not sleep tonight. Im pumped! Let's go baby! Im ready to make that run. You gotta want it to Win it and WE WAN IT BAD!!!!

listening too, mayb it's all a dream

shouldve been in bad a while back

I had high hopes for Anosike coming in but I’m starting to lose faith. At this point he just seems to be the guy Barnes puts in to muddy up the game whenever we need to rest our post players.
Recall reading the same sort of stuff about Pons, Fulkerson & others before Barnes & staff developed them. I wouldn't fret too much.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Anosike just really, really does not need to see the floor at any point.
The only negative from this game and it's certainly not a new one is the lack of production off the bench in the post. We need to just go small when either Pons of Fulky go out. When your guards are this good and this deep use them.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Apparently I'm the only one that sees some potential. I can see some ability there if he can pull it together.
I think he knows how to play, he is just too small for this level of basketball to be all that productive. If you see him standing beside our guard you will notice that he is the same height maybe even shorter. He will help at times but if we have to rely on him we are in trouble.

Reactions: walkenvol
Recall reading the same sort of stuff about Pons, Fulkerson & others before Barnes & staff developed them. I wouldn't fret too much.
The only difference is that with Pons we could all see the explosion early on and new he was a raw talent coming in. Fulky showed early on that he belonged and was outplaying Grant Williams his freshman year until the injury. That injury essentially took 2 seasons away from him physically and mentally. I just haven’t seen anything that has caught my eye to show me Anosike is going to drastically take it to another level like those other guys you mentioned. I thought he would come in and average at minimum 8pts and 6rebs based on how he performed last season (15.7pts and 11.6rebs) and factoring the increased competition he would face this season. I know Barnes has done a tremendous job of developing players but all the other players were at least somewhat versatile playmakers and Anosike just seems like he’s in there to take up space on the floor at the moment. I am hopeful he will adjust and adapt but so far it doesn’t look great.

Go to bed or go back too your team . We will beat your butts. Next man up. You want some come get some dude. Who's your team?

Take it ez
May be it was the brown ale and lack of sleep Thursday. Had to enjoy some of Gator loss.

i'm all vol. all im saying is that things look so good that it seems like a dream.

I hope to see them beat Bama and leave oatss and guys drained on the floor. I've suffered too many beatings ffrom them..

been cheering for Vols ever since Dad took me to a bball game in Nashville in mid-50s.

Claimed he moved back to Knoxville so he didnt have to put up with their fans.

Reactions: StarRaider
[VIDEO=]
The only difference is that with Pons we could all see the explosion early on and new he was a raw talent coming in. Fulky showed early on that he belonged and was outplaying Grant Williams his freshman year until the injury. That injury essentially took 2 seasons away from him physically and mentally. I just haven’t seen anything that has caught my eye to show me Anosike is going to drastically take it to another level like those other guys you mentioned. I thought he would come in and average at minimum 8pts and 6rebs based on how he performed last season (15.7pts and 11.6rebs) and factoring the increased competition he would face this season. I know Barnes has done a tremendous job of developing players but all the other players were at least somewhat versatile playmakers and Anosike just seems like he’s in there to take up space on the floor at the moment. I am hopeful he will adjust and adapt but so far it doesn’t look great.
Still a small sample size, but seven games in I'm a little underwhelmed. The point is that by now, with practices, workouts, etc, Barnes know what his upside is or isn't. I think he will adjust playing time accordingly pretty soon to whoever gives us the best chance to have the strongest post game.
[/VIDEO]

Relax youngster. Take it a game at a time. There's a whole season of ups and downs that awaits with some losses.

Reactions: StarRaider
It's good to be excited! Enjoy it. Have fun!

I get the exhilaration.... I looked at the espn bpi predictions this morning and the VOLS are favored in every remaining reg season game (SIAP).

You have to temper the expectations of new and seldom posters otherwise you get the football board reactions more often than not.

I don't post as much as some but often there is not much to discuss in the off-season. We don't generally cast a wide net in recruiting because the staff are looking for specific skill sets in basketball players with some plan B, C, D options. We know they don't desperately offer everybody.

Mizzou is overrated and I'm not sure why this should be a close game. We beat Mizzou by 10 points last year. We lost Bowden, but we are a year more experienced, have added Bailey, two 5 star recruits, and a nice depth piece in Anisoke. Mizzou added....some 3 stars that don't even contribute??

I see a 20+ point win with us holding Mizzou to under 60.

Tennessee 78 - Mizzou 57

Daggum!

It is just nice to see what a stacked team with great coaching and culture can produce. The guys in bold are sub .88 rated. That's a good mixture of high ranked guys and hardworking "dogs" to have on the roster imo.

Springer - 5 star
Keon - 5 star
James - 5 star
Walker - 4 star
Pons - 4 star
Bailey - 4 star
Olivier - 3 star
Plavsic - 3 star
Santi - 3 star
Pember - 3 star
Gaines - 3 star
Fulkerson - 3 star