The Official #6 Tennessee @ Alabama Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 7PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ Noon)

Nice. You have to make some sacrifices to have a parent at home but I think it’s worth it.

I absolutely agree, it wasn’t easy but we could do it, and I wouldn’t trade that time for anything now.

Reactions: txbo
I have noticed that as well. D1 didn’t either really and they picked against both times I think.
Gotta keep the grind on the shoulder. Probably a good thing for the team's psyche. Load that chip!
Edit_ You've got to figure this plays right into CTV's cv...

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo and vol66
Our pitching has been atrocious almost all weekend. I know errors have been costly but still.

Friday
- Dallas (3.2) & Hunley (1.1)
combined for 6 earned runs in 5IP
- Connell allowed 1ER in 3IP

Saturday
- Heflin allowed 1ER in 5.2IP
- McLaughlin 1ER in 1.1IP
- Walsh 1ER in .1IP
- Sewell 0ER in 3.2IP

Sunday
- Tidwell 4ER in 5.1IP
- Connell 1ER in 3IP
- Hunley 0ER in .2IP

I do not see ‘atrocious’. I see gutsy performances and a group that battled on the road to get another SEC series win.

Friday

Saturday
- Walsh 1ER in .1IP
- Sewell 0ER in 3.2IP

Sunday
- Tidwell 4ER in 5.1IP
- Connell 1ER in 3IP
- Hunley 0ER in .2IP

I do not see ‘atrocious’. I see gutsy performances and a group that battled on the road to get another SEC series win.
Vitello and Anderson are in the nano surgical range. Putting together this record against this collection of teams, at home and on the road, indicates significant growth of the program. I'm going to check who the Vandy boys have faced thus far...

Friday

Saturday
- Walsh 1ER in .1IP
- Sewell 0ER in 3.2IP

Sunday
- Tidwell 4ER in 5.1IP
- Connell 1ER in 3IP
- Hunley 0ER in .2IP

Whatever label you put on it, this weekend’s pitching wouldn’t win a game in the next two weekends.

We gotta tighten up the rig for sure, leaving guys on base, fielding, you name it. The next two weekends are important. We got through the first third of the SEC schedule about as good as we could have.
They seem to have been able to play to the level of competition. We'll see how this week goes.

The other thing that would be big is coming up off the ticket limitations for the next two weekends.
Selling out the available seating and filling those seats would go a long way...no reason to increase seating if we ain't got the butts. Free tickets for students and Frat boyz? now ya got something working...

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back