The Official #6 Tennessee @ Alabama Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 7PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ Noon)

drawing dead

Our pitching has been atrocious almost all weekend. I know errors have been costly but still.
Friday
- Dallas (3.2) & Hunley (1.1)
combined for 6 earned runs in 5IP
- Connell allowed 1ER in 3IP

Saturday
- Heflin allowed 1ER in 5.2IP
- McLaughlin 1ER in 1.1IP
- Walsh 1ER in .1IP
- Sewell 0ER in 3.2IP

Sunday
- Tidwell 4ER in 5.1IP
- Connell 1ER in 3IP
- Hunley 0ER in .2IP

I do not see ‘atrocious’. I see gutsy performances and a group that battled on the road to get another SEC series win.

chuckiepoo

Friday

Saturday
- Walsh 1ER in .1IP
- Sewell 0ER in 3.2IP

Sunday
- Tidwell 4ER in 5.1IP
- Connell 1ER in 3IP
- Hunley 0ER in .2IP

I do not see ‘atrocious’. I see gutsy performances and a group that battled on the road to get another SEC series win.
Vitello and Anderson are in the nano surgical range. Putting together this record against this collection of teams, at home and on the road, indicates significant growth of the program. I'm going to check who the Vandy boys have faced thus far...

txbo

Never worked for a Vandy grad
Friday

Saturday
- Walsh 1ER in .1IP
- Sewell 0ER in 3.2IP

Sunday
- Tidwell 4ER in 5.1IP
- Connell 1ER in 3IP
- Hunley 0ER in .2IP

Whatever label you put on it, this weekend’s pitching wouldn’t win a game in the next two weekends.

Whatever label you put on it, this weekend’s pitching wouldn’t win a game in the next two weekends.
We gotta tighten up the rig for sure, leaving guys on base, fielding, you name it. The next two weekends are important. We got through the first third of the SEC schedule about as good as we could have.

chuckiepoo

The other thing that would be big is coming up off the ticket limitations for the next two weekends.
Selling out the available seating and filling those seats would go a long way...no reason to increase seating if we ain't got the butts. Free tickets for students and Frat boyz? now ya got something working...

Last edited:

VN Store

Sponsors