The Official #5 Tennessee @ Texas A&M Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Saturday @ 3PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 5PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

I’m more relieved than anything. With our collapse last night and Blade’s struggles of late, I wasn’t very confident at all. I feel we’re talented enough to handle Kentucky and Missouri, but our bullpen REALLY concerns me. Regardless of what happens from here on out, I’m going to remind myself we have a very competent coach and staff in place and we are MUCH, MUCH further ahead than we ever were in Coach Raleigh’s (oh dear God) or Coach Serrano’s time on The Hill. I believe we have a lot f fun baseball to look forward to. Thanks for your friendship and companionship this weekend. Have a great week everybody! #GB⚾

And he's whining over math...all I pointed out was facts...we are one game out of first and also one lost series out of fifth...we are having a good season...UF and USCe are both good and capable programs of going on runs

So the guy that knows we are 1 game out of first posts that we are 1 lost series out of 5th isn’t whining? Man that’s really digging to find something negative.

Hell, we are 4 sweeps from being in last and not making the SEC tournament.

So the guy that knows we are 1 game out of first posts that we are 1 lost series out of 5th isn’t whining? Man that’s really digging to find something negative.

Hell, we are 4 sweeps from being in last and not making the SEC tournament.

And if we go undefeated from here on out...National Champs!

If we’re going to play the what-if game, we might as well aim high....

Do we have a thread that tracks important series now that we’re getting closer to the end of the regular season?

Next week against UK at home is huge, on the road versus Mizzou is huge, if we falter in those number 1 Arkansas comes to town and SC who is nipping at our heals to finish the regular season.

All that to say, every win we can eek out will help and they all matter.

Hope that helps.

Next week against UK at home is huge, on the road versus Mizzou is huge, if we falter in those number 1 Arkansas comes to town and SC who is nipping at our heals to finish the regular season.

All that to say, every win we can eek out will help and they all matter.

Hope that helps.

The prompt response is much appreciated 66, but I’m familiar with our schedule. I’m more interested in other series going on in the SEC, other series involving TT, ECU, Texas, Louisville and other teams near us in the rankings.

I think this win solidified being a host. It’s almost a guarantee at this point considering they will be determined next week. Win next week against Kentucky and Knoxville will be a super regional host as well I would think.

The prompt response is much appreciated 66, but I’m familiar with our schedule. I’m more interested in other series going on in the SEC, other series involving TT, ECU, Texas, Louisville and other teams near us in the rankings.

Gotcha, my bad. When I’m posting about Texas or TCU or East Carolina, ND etc... it is in relation to getting the 8th seed or better. The reason I posted about the next two weeks is because on paper, if we can manage to take the next two series, we are in a place at that time where we cannot be denied, based on Covid rules and the deadline. If it was a normal season and we get swept by Arky and lose 2/3 to SC the dream of a top 8 would be over.

I am always open to another interpretation but that’s my simplified take.

Reactions: Volunteer08
Gotcha, my bad. When I’m posting about Texas or TCU or East Carolina, ND etc... it is in relation to getting the 8th seed or better. The reason I posted about the next two weeks is because on paper, if we can manage to take the next two series, we are in a place at that time where we cannot be denied, based on Covid rules and the deadline. If it was a normal season and we get swept by Arky and lose 2/3 to SC the dream of a top 8 would be over.

I am always open to another interpretation but that’s my simplified take.

All good man. I think that’s a good point considering how hosting cities will be determined this year. I saw TT and ECU lost their series this weekend and thought it could give us some cushion. You’re saying we control our own destiny and I agree with that. I guess there’s not need to watch others at this point.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
All good man. I think that’s a good point considering how hosting cities will be determined this year. I saw TT and ECU lost their series this weekend and thought it could give us some cushion. You’re saying we control our own destiny and I agree with that. I guess there’s not need to watch others at this point.

I wouldn’t say that. We lost yesterday, TCU jumped us in RPI, beating a crap Kansas team, a team that lost 10-9 to Mizzou earlier this year. Va. Tech is another team to keep an eye on. Last I saw, on D1, we projected as an 8 seed and Va Tech was in that regional too. So, I try to watch them too.

That said. D1 doesn’t pick the teams, they are predicting what the committee will do, some if it’s based on numbers, some on tradition, conf. Champions, regions in terms of logistics, etc...

We can only control what we can control and so far, we’re holding serve. Shout out to the TennisVols!

VN Store

Back