The Official #5 Tennessee @ Texas A&M Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Saturday @ 3PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 5PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

Have we seen a lineup for game 1 yet? I didn’t get to watch or listen to Tuesday nights game, but coach mixed it up a little didn’t he?
GBO!!
Absolutely did. Those mid-week games are important but so is figuring out young pitching and who might deliver on the weekends. We also need a couple of surprises offensively before tournament play starts. I hope we are able to keep Vitello guys he is the absolute key to making this thing stick.

None, if the pitchers do their job and throw over 6x per base runner to keep them close and the staff calls actual pickoff plays. Duh.

Just a casual fan observation here.

If A&M has a guy that runs a 6.2 sixty with a pile of stolen bases maybe we will not take the same strategy as last week.

With a 2-1 lead with 2 outs and a thief on 1st we decide instead of not picking at all, maybe just maybe we decide to throw over at least once so the catcher can legitimately be harassed by VolNation.

Hopefully instead of the pitcher being the only one clued into the fact he might take 3rd, our middle infielders actually have the presence of mind to cover 2nd when our pitcher does an inside move. That way we get the easy out and our catcher doesn’t get stoned in the streets by our beloved VolNation.

I am hoping Mr Anderson cut PFP short this week and said hey fellas, if we have a guy with a 20ft lead here is the sign.
‘Pav or Greer will grab his crotch, swipe his left arm, then put the mitt on their right hand and that is your que to pick his ass off and get back in the dugout.’

After giving up an early run, Rocker has really settled into the zone.

Reactions: vol66
Rocker reminds me of Greg Maddux with his velocity.

And control.

Vitello praised his strike throwing ability tongue and cheek in his interview with Basilio. They ran the percentages on strikes called for Kumar and he was getting strikes called only 14% of the time in college baseball. 2nd coming of Greg Maddux.

I would say TCU is pretty good, but tonight, versus Kansas, I might be able to say Kansas is the worst P5 team this noob has ever seen. Thus, difficult to judge TCU.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo and chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back