The Official #5 Tennessee @ Texas A&M Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Saturday @ 3PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 5PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

Just a casual fan observation here.

If A&M has a guy that runs a 6.2 sixty with a pile of stolen bases maybe we will not take the same strategy as last week.

With a 2-1 lead with 2 outs and a thief on 1st we decide instead of not picking at all, maybe just maybe we decide to throw over at least once so the catcher can legitimately be harassed by VolNation.

Hopefully instead of the pitcher being the only one clued into the fact he might take 3rd, our middle infielders actually have the presence of mind to cover 2nd when our pitcher does an inside move. That way we get the easy out and our catcher doesn’t get stoned in the streets by our beloved VolNation.

I am hoping Mr Anderson cut PFP short this week and said hey fellas, if we have a guy with a 20ft lead here is the sign.
‘Pav or Greer will grab his crotch, swipe his left arm, then put the mitt on their right hand and that is your que to pick his ass off and get back in the dugout.’
We get it Jackson, it’s not your arm.

Looking at the weather map there's NO RAIN showing, but just north of Galveston, in the state of Texas.

Game is set to start at 2:00 pm CT. I'm hoping our TN Vols come out playing fast & furious & hit these mofos hard with many runs that it'll make their pointy heads swim ...... GBO !!! :p

Has anybody heard if we're playing a double-header today??

Last edited:
We get it Jackson, it’s not your arm.

That’s cute AthensVandy but I can assure you that I have never met Greer. Would not matter who the catcher is though, no matter the circumstances casual fans like yourself always blame the catcher when bases are stolen.
Yadier Molina couldn’t hold up to your scrutiny.

Looking at the weather map there's NO RAIN showing, but just north of Galveston, in the state of Texas.

Game is set to start at 2:00 pm CT. I'm hoping our TN Vols come out playing fast & furious & hit these mofos hard with many runs that it'll make their pointy heads swim ...... GBO !!! :p

Has anybody heard if we're playing a double-header today??

Yes, 2 games today.

That’s cute AthensVandy but I can assure you that I have never met Greer. Would not matter who the catcher is though, no matter the circumstances casual fans like yourself always blame the catcher when bases are stolen.
Yadier Molina couldn’t hold up to your scrutiny.
We can’t all be casual scouts.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Moderna. I don’t expect to feel well tomorrow.
We had Moderna as well. No side effects until after lunch the next day, and it was only some aching and sleepiness. Took a nap, went to bed an hour early and we were 100% the next morning. Far, far better than catching it. My elderly mother only got a mild headache. I hope you do well, NorCal.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
We had Moderna as well. No side effects until after lunch the next day, and it was only some aching and sleepiness. Took a nap, went to bed an hour early and we were 100% the next morning. Far, far better than catching it. My elderly mother only got a mild headache. I hope you do well, NorCal.

Thanks. I am flying to NY Monday so am counting on it only lasting a day, as everyone I have talked to has told me.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
We can’t all be casual scouts.

Maybe not, but you and NorCal can be better Vol fans. If you are going to bash players then at least become a student of the game.

Although NorCal usually has alcohol induced posts which are for the most part witty, you AthensVandy should have a shot or two of what NorCal swigs before you criticize Vol players and praise the enemy.

Maybe not, but you and NorCal can be better Vol fans. If you are going to bash players then at least become a student of the game.

Although NorCal usually has alcohol induced posts which are for the most part witty, you AthensVandy should have a shot or two of what NorCal swigs before you criticize Vol players and praise the enemy.

I don’t bash players.

I do drunk post.

I don’t bash players.

I do drunk post.
Agreed, in my 8-9 years I’ve never seen NorCal bash a player. Maybe a complaint towards a coach or “constructive criticism” however that about it.....same with the other noobs, Vol66 and txbo too. The one thing that bothers me the most on all forums is where the personal attacks happen.

I don’t bash players.

I do drunk post.

You do not bash players but liking posts of people that do can be interpreted as harboring the enemy so to speak.

Athens is probably a cool guy after having a few drinks in the evening but we seem to get the tea sipping - Ruth’s Chris - silver spoon - quick draw mcgraw to defend Vandy side of Athens on the regular here.

Oh no not the Vandy burn again.

VN Store

Back